Pleasant Creek-Fished 5/5

• kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Steady wiper action trolling shad colored JSR-5s over humps in deeper water; that was about the only pattern that emerged yesterday morning.

Rugby nailed a fat bass on one of the trolling passes in 20′ of water that seemed out of place; however, pitching cranks and spinnerbaits in the wood saw no action-so maybe she was where she was supposed to be?

The highlight of the day, and perhaps the year for me, was the catch of my first muskie ever. The 40″ brute nailed a JSR-5 that was intended more for a wiper or eye while my musky tackle was lying on the deck of the boat, but hey, we’ll take it! Fighting a 40″ muskie on walleye/bass tackle is a pretty dicey affair!

Water temp was 59 degrees. All fish released.

Joe

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Any size to the wipers joe?

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

If I remember correctly, the largest was between 16-17″. There are bigger ones in there, I know, I’ve caught some over 22″, and boy do they fight!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thanks Joe, pound for pound i’ve heard they fight harder then whitebass do so they have to put up one heck of a fight.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

nice work Joe. It’s about time you caught some fish

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

Amen Andy, that dude was getting cranky . He put a whuppin on me that day though. As they say he was due.

Hey, if you want to get a couple boats and chase ski’s on PC or walters on the Res let us know. Sometimes several heads are better than one in figuring a pattern out.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

No kidding Andy…

As they say, “every dog has his day…”

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Fished Pleasant Creek last night and seen some beautiful muskies cruising around the shallows as we were chasing specs. Fun night great weather bad bugs………

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.