IA Lakes coverage expanded

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey all,

Finally got around to making some new forums for our visitors from IA to call home. I’ll be doing some digging to find some quality reporters to join the EFN Field Staff team to improve our coverage of the lakes in IA. If anyone reading this finds themselves to be on the water frequently or knows of someone that fits that description and might be interested in supplying us with some quality, timely and consistent info, have them give us a holler here at EFN.

Also, I’m not terribly familiar with the more popular bodies of water in IA so if I overlooked a real obvious lake that we need to expand to, holler at me and I’ll add it to the websites. We can’t grow into area we don’t cover ya’ know!~

Thanks much.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey James,

Thanks for the expansion of the Iowa forums. Your picks are pretty representative. However, you may wish to organize Iowa according to regions. I think there’s a site called “where to fish in Iowa” that should be accessable through the DNR webpage that breaks our lakes down into regions and has links to topo maps for at least some of the lakes.

Since Des Moines is kind of the hub of the state you may want to go with some lakes nearby. Sailorville, Big Creek and Red Rock would be a good group. Big Creek is an example of what I’d like all Iowa lakes to be, heavily stocked with large minimum size limits. We can only hope that will catch on, even if it was done as a shad control measure so its current condition is more or less a fluke. I suppose that’s another topic for another forum though.

Keep up the good work.

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Hi James. We met last fall at Everts. I fish a lot of the lakes in Central and Southern Iowa and would love to be a contributor. I usually fish once a week on either Big Creek, Saylorville, Red Rock, or a number of southern lakes.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

First of all James, I’m thankful that there is a Iowa forum at all, considering the fact that were known for our farm land, and not all the small bodies of water littered through out the state.
    I think if your interested in expanding the Iowa forum maybe it would be better to label it as SW, NW, SE, NE, & maybe Central Iowa. I’m an opportunist who likes to fish the best times, and places for Bass, Crappie, Walleye….. So far this year I have yet to visit the Mississippi river because of the great fishing right here in Iowa. Thanks again! {John}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.