Cole’s Monster Smallie !!!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Here is a picture from a very proud father..Ryan Hale has done what we here at FTR/FTL have always looked up to.. Takin a kid fishin !!

Here is what Cole’s dad had to say…..Dave I’ve got a story for you.I took my oldest boy with me up to West Okoboji last night.He was messing around a caught a crawdad in the rocks.So I told him we would keep it a try to catch a big smallie off of it.Anyway come today I took him to a good rocky area and set him up with a slip-bobber set up with the crawdad.That thing was not in the water 5 seconds and down the bobber goes!!He did a perfect job with it and we got him in the boat.It was a 20″ smallie!!Dave the biggest one I’ve ever caught was 18″.Cole is only 11 and he already beat me.But it’s cool,he caught his own bait and caught a trophy smallmouth on it!I’m so proud Dave.I might get him a reproduction of it for him.We never did weigh it but I guess it was at least 5#.You take care and I’ll see ya soon.Is there anyway we could get the pic up on the fish the river site?
    Ryan Hale

If anyone else has a photo or two they’d like to share with us here at FTL,
    simply send the photo out as a .jpg attachment in an e-mail to
    [email protected] and we’ll gladly get that posted here just as
    quickly as we can.

herb
    6ft under

Hooray to you both!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Awesome! Simply Awesome!!! I can hear the excitement in your words and see the excitement on your son’s face! This is the stuff that makes the day fun for all of us!

You guys just made my day!!!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Herb and kid,thanks alot for the kind words.It sure was fun to see Cole catch this fish.Take care guys.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.