McBride

• Anonymous

From 11AM till 5PM 2 of us caught 18 of your standard McBride Pototo Chip size crappie, lost a few of course and probably half dozen 8-10-12 inch walleyes. Water temp today was between 55 in the am and 60 in the pm depending on where and what time of day it was. We may have spent 45 min or so lookin around at the “new” rip rap etc. Things are lookin good down there now.

Also I seen a couple bigger rigs put in on the west side of the sailboat ramp so it must be ok to put in there. The rest of the ramps should be fine.

Anonymous

Fished MacBride yesterday for a couple hours around sunset. The water clarity is much better this year – probably due to the 20,000 tons of rock they brought in to line the shore.

Anyway, say a couple of crappies caught – I couldn’t connect. Switched up to a deep thunderstick and nailed a typical MacBride ‘eye (about the size of a good cigar) and about a 2lb bass.

Weather was about the strangest I ever saw – the east end of the lake was getting pounded with rain and tons of lightning. The clouds broke directly overhead and the sky was bluebird all the way to the Western horizon. Low, dark rainclouds with puffy white plumes shooting out the top and into the sky. Didn’t get a drop where I was, but the lightning would have kept me out of a boat. Too cool.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.