On Line

• Anonymous

I’ve spent 5 months chase’n river Walleye, and now I’m itch’n for some Bass/Crappie/Trout and Wisc. Musky !!! I fish mainly Eastern Iowa –namely Coralcille and MacBride. 3-4 times annually I head to NW Wisc. to fish, with trips to a Resv. in Indiana and to RedWing Mn.

I like answering questions so firer away !

Gofish

Kensyl Reading——–EFN ProStaff

Ol’ Miss Guide Service

Anonymous

The MacBride ramps don’t look entirely safe quite yet, but I’m assuming that’s going to get better. I’d be a little worried about dropping the tires into the much past the ramp on some of them.

Shore fished around the cliff by the spillway, pitching crappie jigs to shallow brush. Nothing diong yet, but I didn’t give it much time.. the wind was a bear.

I would love to get into some crappies, but unfortunately, the next two weekends are booked with weddings, baptisms, etc. Then it’s a weekend at Clear lake. It will be at least mid-May before I can get the boat on the water anywhere around here.

I agree that the res looks hideously low… I can see humps sticking out where there were previously none. With any luck, the powerboaters will find all the hazards this summer and the COE can mark them for us.

Where you fishing at? There’s a lot of visible brush below the MacBride spillway that I may be able to hit from shore. There may be a slim possibility that I could get out and do that.

I’m assuming the warm weather this week will have the MacBride bass moving shallow, so that should improve shore fishing there as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.