Out’n about

• Anonymous

Stoped at Cleppies to buy bait and they said today was the first day they had many customers at all. (encouraging). Drove on down to Solon, around to the Causway, and over to Mahaffie bridge. What I could see of Mc Bride from the road was open but still a good 5 feet low. Over at Mahaffie there were 4 or 5 trailers setting in the lot and a couple fishin boats gettin ready to put in. The lake was all opened, no ice in any direction when I went accross the bridge. My destination was to be Curtis access, however uppon arival I soon seen why there weren’t any trailers to be seen on the way in. The Corps has that thing down to a drip every now and then. Nothing but mud out to the river channel. I think to myself, “if I only lived 4 hours north of here.” Then it dawns on me why I have to go up there and spend my money. Made up my mind to head back to town and just go and give it an honest try back on the Cedar River. Guess Im gonna have to try a different stretch of the river, I just dont believe there any fishes in the stretch from the dam up river 4 or 5 miles. Think I’ll check and see if Palo lake is open tomorrow.

Anonymous

The 10hp reg on MacBride is only in effect from Memorial day to Labor day. You could give that a shot if it is open.

I’m with you on the ‘no fish for 4 miles’ above the 5-in-1. I’ve never had good luck on that stretch of river for anything but carp. There are a few good cats in there, but this time of year ain’t nothing going on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.