lets post some reports

• brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Come on guys, this Iowa section blows. I know I’m not the only one that is wetting a line in the Hawkeye state I’d post my reports but I’m a nobody who only seems to catch small fish. Most of the gills I catch are bigger than the walleyes I find let’s get this forum worth checking everyday I’ll post mine if you post yours

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Mike,pics up in a few,will that work for you?
    Ryan Hale

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

i havent been in the state for a week, but if i can get a day off work ill have a report for ya.
    -Aaron

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Guide trip yesterday.A few smallies around the 15″ range to start the day.Cory S. didn’t look this good a few hours later when we were out in the basin picking up eyes.Can you say 4-5 footers=seasick.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Paul with a nice chunky smallie.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

We couldn’t fish for eyes so we found some active perch in shallow.
    Ryan Hale

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

that’s the kind of response I’m talking about What are your boat rules on blowing chunks is it he who blows it, throws it Looks like some nice smallies

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Another.Mike it’s the 3rd time it’s happened to me,2nd this year. I have a small bucket,comes in handy for both pee and puke breaks.

Ryan Hale

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

You’ll just need to go fishing after or before work like I do

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

looks like you guys have been getting some nice perch lately. My wife caught a few small perch @ brushy last weekend.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

I just got back from Cedar Lake in Aitkin,Mn. last night. Slow bass fishing as the water was already 75-77 degrees and had the bass suspending and picky. As far as Iowa fishing goes, I live just SE of Des Moines in Runnells. My fishing is usually limited to Sundays if I am lucky. The two lakes I’ve visited with my six year old boy and a buddy this year are Three mile and West Lake in the southern part of the state (near Osceola). These were my first visits to these woody lakes and I’m learning to stump fish for bass. Thus far in my limited visits, a few decent bass have been caught and I nearly had a nice muskie on at Three mile as it followed a hard jerkbait to the boat and made an unsuccessful bite at it. I plan to fish these lakes some more and will post the results.

Tim

IaHawgHunter
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Here are a couple from this weekend at Three Mile, nothing to write home about, but my first Three Mile fish
    ….actually the second pic is from a smaller lake that we hit while we were over that way. We caught 48 bass over the weekend, biggest went 3lb 5oz.

HH

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I fished East Okoboji June 8-9 and did pretty well. We boated a 19″ Smallie and a 25+in Walleye (fell out of a net that was way too small for it ) We also got a couple walleye for dinner, and many other species of fish mixed in.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

HH, looks like your first venture to 3 mile was good one

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Nice pics. Were you using jigs? My best luck there at Three mile for bass has come from a black jig tipped with a leech.

bcon2005

My last weeks reports:
    Friday: Spirit Lake, high winds kept me in Anglers bay, I could not find anything drifting, so flipped some docks and caught a few nice largemouth, before I gave up,fished the reeds along the east shore and caught several small Pike. Nothing great, but may give it another shot tomorrow.

Monday: Fished Fairmont chain in Minnesota, caught some nice crappies in Budd lake. These were suspended in 22′ of water. also picked up a few here and there along docks / trees. Several smaller bluegill, and two catfish.

I know there are several guys in the smaller lakes around here that are picking up bass in the evenings.

bcon

shaley
    Milford IA

Eyes have been on the bite on Spirit. Wife and I limited last Subday in a few hours, took the boss and a couple friends Monday and limited. Wife and I limited again today. Center of the lake on Lindy rigs or spinner rigs, leeches , minnows, or crawlers. Havent had the need to try anything else.

ivanbrehmer
    Johnston, Iowa

We have to come that way next weekend for a wedding, might have to tow boat along and give Spirit a try. Maybe I’ll make the weekend a day longer!

shaley
    Milford IA

Limited again today, wind was a bit tough but still a great day. A friends daughter got a nice 24″ best we managed was a 16 1/2. Drifting leeches and trolling bottom bouncers and spinners in the deep water was the ticket.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Shaley, have you been too busy with the walleye bite to chase any muskies??

bcon2005

Fished Fairmont twice since last report. Mixed bag of crappies and bluegill. walleye seem to have slowed quite a bit for most.

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

We haven’t been up in that area since the 90’s but would like to return. The eyes were kinda small at Hall Lake then. Any size to the ones you caught?? How about the crappies??

shaley
    Milford IA

Chased skies a few times. Buddy has gotten 3 off West already and Lost a upper 40’s on Spirit. I always try a few spots before coming off after limiting. Muskie gears always in the boat.

DonJ
    LeMars,IA

Saw a six pounder there last Sat.
    Unfortunately it was at the fish cleaning station.

Spirit is smokin hot.

Quote:

Eyes have been on the bite on Spirit. Wife and I limited last Subday in a few hours, took the boss and a couple friends Monday and limited. Wife and I limited again today. Center of the lake on Lindy rigs or spinner rigs, leeches , minnows, or crawlers. Havent had the need to try anything else.

Don J

shaley
    Milford IA

I got an open seat for Friday 6/23 if anyones free. call me 712 260 9577

bcon2005

Walleye were 12″ to 17″ I have heard of a few larger ones that were caught. Crappie 10″ average.

shaley
    Milford IA

Bites still going on Spirit, No problems getting my limit today even with sun and dead flat water.

DonJ
    LeMars,IA

Lets hope it hangs on for a few more days.
    Have a trip planned for Wed.

shaley
    Milford IA

I’ll post whats happening tomarrow, couldnt get out today. Hope to get out a few nites this week since I’ll be in town working.

shaley
    Milford IA

Still biting, was a bit slow today but I think weather change was to blame. Ended up with 4 today between 15-16 therew back everything under 15. May have limited but due to a rouge wave and bad judgement ( took on a bit more water than I wanted) we quit early.

Side note keep your bilage area clean.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.