Mcbride bass and Coralville crappies.

• teamcrappie
    Palo,IA

May 3 “humpday” tourney at Mcbride was low on participants but for my dad and I the bite was good. We ended up first with 12.50#s of largies. Big bass was 4.30# w/a 3.40,2.90,and a dink 1.90. Bite was on Beavs and sticks. May 4 produced my first spring “Grand Slam”! Shot a 21# 10″ beard gobbler at 6:30am, walked for an hour and found 6#s of morels and knew in order to “slam” I needed to catch a crappie. Of course for me there was only one place I had confidence in doing this, the res. Got on water at around 11:30 just in time for the winds! Started hitting brush piles and about 12:30 BAM!! my first of 5 specks ended my quest for a spring slam. 2 of these fish were over a pound!! I haven’t hit the lake hard yet but the trips I have made all the fish have been good ones.

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Way to go RD.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice fish! Was the weigh in at a house on the lake? Or did you take the fish home? Just wondering as it looks like there is a garage in the picture.
    Good crappies too!!

What tournament was it…? Club?

teamcrappie
    Palo,IA

Photos were taken and fish were released in the Cedar at Palo. Nobody had a camera at the weigh in and needed some memory photos of my dad and I. Looking forward to the Coralville open May 13.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.