So I might be the worst fisherman ever

• awnyerneas

Haha ok 2 friends and I went to the cedar river today for 10 hours. We didn’t get one bite. I hate my life!

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

well a day with good friends, the right beverage, cant be all that bad of a day. Give me a call will can get together sometime

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

We all have our bad days, don’t knock your self down. How do you think someone feels when they pay for a guided trip with no fish to show for it. Such is life. All things are a factor when it comes to fishing – weather, temps, water, ect. Think of the people who can’t get out to fish anymore. You got the chance and you got the chance to do it with friends besides. Look for the little things and it won’t be so bad. I’ll admit, I have just as many bad days as good days. But a bad day is better then not getting out at all.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

When it comes to panfish, I am right up there with you I have been taking the kids out fishing for gills and can’t ever find them. I feel like a crappy fisherman. They get bored real quick when they can hardly ever catch a fish. To me, That makes me look bad. Who can’t find bluegills

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Learned my lesson long ago, and just quit fishing the Cedar (‘cept up around the MN/IA border on occasion, when I can escape from the outlaws).

jnabben

Gianni where on the Cedar do you fish up here ( by the mn/ ia border) I fish it all the time with great luck Excellent area of the river

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’ve mostly fished around the Otranto dam area. The outlaws live in Austin, and if I can escape I’ll either run somewhere close in town there or down across the border, but don’t want to get too lost. Fishing up there has been pretty good to me, seems like every time out I can hammer out a couple smallies or northerns.

Down “my way,” the Cedar has never been so good to me. If you want to c’mon down and try it sometime, there’s about a 7 mile stretch above the 5-in-1 dam in CR that’s navigable, and you’re welcome to a seat in my boat. Heck, we’ll even try to talk all the other locals into heading out.

Fishnfuul
    White Bear Lake, Mn.

Cheer up, you can’t be the worst fisherman ever. I learned a long time ago that I could go anywhere and not catch fish, so now I stay close to home and not catch them! Saves on gas money that way…….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.