Good books on fishing?

• awnyerneas

Anybody know of any really good books on fishing that could be helpful for a beginer? Something that would help with what lures with what conditions ect.?

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I have found that video,s are a good tool and there are many on the market you might check local library for both.Also I would reccommend posting the body of water and speicies sought and this web site is really good for offering great tips

emover
    Malcom, IA

If you haven’t yet,be sure to check out the IDA Fishing Articles section on this website.

dave

superdave
    NE IA

Iowa fish and fishing is a good one to get, especially if your from Iowa.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Yes use this website for info. I have fished my whole life and have picked up a few things in the 9 months i have been a member. dont be afraid to ask any questions you will always get some good reponses.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

About 20, 25 years ago I picked up a couple of books by Dan Gapen at a sports show. I think they helped me quite abit. ” River Fishing A Happy World” and “Creeks And Streams To Love and Remember” I think were the titles. You might check and see if they’re still in print.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

If your looking for info on fishing rivers for walleys with plastic, Two of the Pro-Staff(James Holst and Dustin Stewart) from IDA here have put together the best video I have ever seen. Top notch video with no adds in it to cloud the info…just pure true fishing info…if this is the info you choose, look up http://www.bfishntackle.com

I hope this helps

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

If you’re interested in the Gapen books, check with Gapen.com, looks like they are still available along with a few others

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

I have a whole series of books from North American Fisherman that are very informative and interesting. Send me a PM and let me know where you are.

riverwino
    Ames, Iowa

i also reccomend Gapens books. I found “River fishing a happy world” at my univeristy library. By far the most entertaining book on fishing ive read. Those in-fisherman books are just so tedious and boring. Gapen puts some charm into his book. Ive been on the lookout for stream and creeks by him, but havent found it for borrow.

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

The gapen books are pretty good, but I would put the in-fisherman books on top. They may be long or maybe boring to some but jam packed with proven fishing information.

Better yet I would get their videos for exactly the species you are most interested. I have been trying to get the local bait shop to buy a bunch of these videos and them rent them out.

jeff matura
    iowaangler.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.