Big Sioux River

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Anyone out there know if theres any access for shore fishing at the mouth of the Big Sioux River into the Missouri river?
    Thanks!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

without a boat, you are stuck to the iowa bank. you can get there from riverside park area or from the sioux city boat ramp area, but both will involve a hike. the riverside parking will be less of a hike. I don’t know if you can get back there from the dunes.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I have fished the Riverside and by looking at the map, it would be a hike and a half to get to the mouth of the Big Sioux, I noticed there’s a bike trail that runs along the Big Sioux but nowhere to park besides the Riverside Park..Am I right?

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

I have fished the Riverside and by looking at the map, it would be a hike and a half to get to the mouth of the Big Sioux, I noticed there’s a bike trail that runs along the Big Sioux but nowhere to park besides the Riverside Park..Am I right?

well, you can park down at the docks on the big sioux, can’t you? years ago we used to be able to drive around down there….

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Bing earth comes in handy for scouting. Sometimes finding little out of the way places .

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Bing earth comes in handy for scouting. Sometimes finding little out of the way places .

Thanks Eye-full, I love it!!

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Birds eye not earth sorry. Ya it’s great, if you pan the camera north, south etc. you can get a good look at sandbars and holes. Then if you find a spot you like but it’s on private ground look for the counties GIS Mapping system to find the owner.

Sometimes a little homework can yield nice rewards plus I find it enjoyable to prepare. Gives you a good visual to imagine as your fishing as well. Glad it helps . Now if you find the honey hole just saying LOL.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Now if you find the honey hole just saying LOL.

You’ll be the first to know since you’re 4hrs away ..

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

LOL Smart You will have to post some pics though.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there’s some turn off up by Stone State Park, there’s always something going on. Saw a guy with about a 5-7 pound channel off of the dock at the ramp last Weds eve. I might get a heavy rod and reel sometime and give this catfishing a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.