2Hour Shore Report Floyd River/Missouri River

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Couldn’t wait for day off to get out, went out for a cpl. of hrs. this morn. Threw cranks, moxie,ringworms and sudden impact. Maybe I’m too early a few nibbles but no takers.
    Saw one boat going out I yelled out hey Chomps pick me up.. jk.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Give it to about 45 degrees and then things will start happeneing, slowly at first Moxie, but they will bite.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I think you’re right mossy.. definitely not this week chance of snow Monday and Friday

chomps
    Sioux City IA

it surely wasn’t me going out, there was still snow on the boat cover.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I was out there 2 sundays ago in the same spot, trying out my new walleye setup. tried a bunch of stuff, even hoping for some smallies. Only thing that was working was a 3″ white twister tail. Caught a couple white perch that were really good size (i know, stop churching it up, they are drum). Also caught a decent mooneye and snagged what i believe was a carp. The carp ran for about 10 minutes, my new pflueger president xt was howling from the drag, but the 8# vanish held its own! I seen the tail come up twice, had to be about 16 inches from top tip to bottom tip, red in color. It finally came off (unsnagged) and I got my lure back

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Went out yesterday for a few hours, I was surprised the water level dropped. I thought it’d be higher with all the snow melt and rain.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The waters now about 2′ below the top of the gates here mox, and its probably still riseing because they got more rain up north then we did the last few days, and we got around 8″.

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Water is still low, according to bait shop owner in Sioux City, they closed/open dam and is running at 14k and will reopen to 49k tomorrow,(sorry I don’t know what that means ) Not a dang bite today just a sturgeon. Forecast was to be 65 15mph today…BS..felt like 40 with 22mph.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

my buddy was on the big sioux today…. caught this 13 pound northern……. I went to storm lake and didn’t have much success. I did check out their hatchery tho.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.