DNR 3rd line

• owen nelson
    Iowa

The DNR must be hard up for money letting you buy a third line for $12 but I do like the fishing & hunting combo for $47

asch
    Eastern Iowa

I got the third line so I could run two tip downs.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Are you kidding you can pay $12 to have a third line!!! That is pure BS, what’s next pay to carry extra bullets?

You should be able to have 3 lines, I don’t understand why they are so limiting on that. I thought WI DNR was a joke.

skunkboy
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I agree with IceNutz. Why should we have to pay just to put an extra line in the water. It’s not like it’s going to double or triple you catch. Heck, most guys I know have a hard time with 2 rods. And if there’s more than two in the boat, wow, look out tangles.

Seems like just another way for the state to get our money. They could have raised the price by $1 per license, added the extra rod and came out way ahead…and I doubt too many people would have been opposed to the extra $1.

Oh, BTW IceNutz…Wisconsin DNR does have some funky rules on the books too.

L8R…Ken

BTW, I will be purchasing that third rod permit…only because I will be fishing some tournaments that allow the third rod so I need to stay competative with others.

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

As best as I can tell, a 3rd line is still illegal on the Mississippi River between IA and IL. IL law is 2 lines and the most stringent rule is the applicable rule.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

HE77, be happy with it. In MN summer is one rod and 2 for ice.
    Id really like to be able to run 2 for trolling, pulling blades or corking.

Who ever posted about the tangles… I too agree that most could not effectively run a multi rod set, especially while trolling. It would almost be fun to watch. Kinda like watching opener and mid summer warm water at the boat landing.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Every year I buy a nonresident family fishing license for Minn. and Wisc., plus resident Iowa plus trout stamp…BEST MONEY I SPEND ALL YEAR !!! However I have no plans on getting a 3rd line license. I wouldn’t use 3 lines if it were free because I prefer jig fishing.

barc
    SE MN

So…
    Can a nonresident with a Wis fishing license buy the $12 Iowa 3rd line license without having an Iowa fishing license? Then you would be able to run 3 lines on the Iowa water of the river.

barc
    SE MN

From the IA DNR:

Thank you for using the Iowa DNR website. You cannot purchase a third line license without purchasing a fishing license first.

barc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.