Take Care Your Fishing Spots

• moxie
    Sioux City,IA

I am disgusted at people who fish and don’t clean up after themselves or rid of unwanted fish properly. It’s unbearable to fish especially with the odor of rotting fish on banks. Either throw it back or bag it.
    Note: Finally a DNR officer stopped by my fishing spot and asked for my license ..YES he will frequent there due to complaints. There should be a fine for people discarding fish on banks.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Word!

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

Note: Finally a DNR officer stopped by my fishing spot and asked for my license ..YES he will frequent there due to complaints. There should be a fine for people discarding fish on banks.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Slobs are everywhere.

But this hot weather and water are definitely taking their toll of fish. Even if you throw them back, the mortality is going to be high. At the St Croix Fishing league on Tuesday night, there was a ripe 28ish inch walleye on shore at the landing just up the shore from a big catfish. I think the catfish stunk worse than the walleye too.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

That a buffalo Ryan? Poor buffalo.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

People who waste fish like that should be forced to come back 4 days later and eat the stinker.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Fish smell on the bank no doubt about it, what makes me madder is all the trash people could easily take with them, what an eyesore.
    Years back it was illegal to throw carp and rough fish back in, you had to toss them on the bank, coons and mink ate them anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey! Isn’t that a Heineken beer bottle??

skeeterbite
    illinois

If you are caught you should have to walk the whole bank with a few garbage bags and pick up all the crap theese slobs leave behind. Here in illinois the sherrifs dept puts people on the side of roads and makes them wear orange jump suits and clean up all the garbage on the side of the road.Embarrass them, then maybe they will clean up after themselfs. Just one mans opinion

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

Hey! Isn’t that a Heineken beer bottle??

People like that give us Heine lovers a bad name.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.