No Milt

• eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Caught a nice male today so thought he might be good for the table. Got him home and noticed there was no milt what so ever in him, nothing in the tummy either which is probably why he pounded my offering.

Did he release it already which I think it’s to early yet or has it not developed yet which has me baffled?

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve noticed the same thing for the last month. Only kept a few to eat but nothing.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

What do you think is going on, could this because they are the stocked fish? He was the first I kept in a while also, just has me scratching my head.
    On a side note can’t believe the amount of boats out lately, have never seen anything like this before. Where were they in the 20 degree weather .

barc
    SE MN

Are you sure they are not immature female fish? It is difficult to tell the difference unless you know how to identify the empty ovaries on an immature or sterile female walleye.
    barc

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

Quote:

Are you sure they are not immature female fish? It is difficult to tell the difference unless you know how to identify the empty ovaries on an immature or sterile female walleye.
    barc

Good call. You know how guys are, they are always ready to spawn! We’re getting fish for the hatchery right now and haven’t seen any issues.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Interesting thought, it was a good eater size fish so I would think it would be mature enough to spawn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.