Ice safety reports

• Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

All right brave people who push canoes across the ice wearing life vests, the rest of us need to know where there’s adequate thickness to support my fat butt.

Anybody been out? I’ve heard people have been out up on the big river, but haven’t heard anything from around CR.

carphunter
    SE IOWA

We fished several ponds south of Iowa city last weekend. 6 inches
    all over. Saw several shacks on macbride and the sand park in Iowa city.
    looks like a good weekend coming up to get out.
    Cmel

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

We’ve been out to Pleasent creek..6-8 inches all over.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I was starting to wonder why nobody was fishing. I went out on MacBride Saturday for a bit. ~5-6″ around the main ramp. Didn’t venture out on the North or South arms.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

STAY OFF the ice. George Wyth had 6-8 inches and a guy died tonight. The ice is JUNK…GET IT?

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

My son read it was only 4 inches?
    Whats the size of it?

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Next day I glassed the ice in the area of the accident and it was pretty thin, guessing 2″or 3″ maybe 4″? of rotten ice. A gut wrenching sick feeling for sure.

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

I hear you on that!! Its a tragedy for sure.

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

For those who still want to fish..we went out to Pleasent Creek Sunday morning. 5-6 inches of clear hard ice. Holes from the day before were froze over, and kicking them open wasn’t very easy. It will be making ice all week. Hope the waters where you are will have SAFE conditions to pull a few fish up before we get our long sticks out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.