devils lake annual trip

• gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Well we made our annual D.L. trip again this year. The snow on the lake was unbelievable and really made a slushy mess when you popped some holes. We fished the first couple days running and gunning and catching a mixed bag of jumbos, pike & eyes. By the 3rd, 4th and 5th day the weather dropped and mobility was out of the question with the boys, so we popped the shacks up in our little honey hole we found last year. It wasnt fast and furious but we had steady action throughout the day and managed about 30 keepers a day (mainly perch). Biggest pike was 8lbs, biggest eye 23″, 3 perch taped out at 15″.
    Devils Lake is quickly becoming my favorite destination, 2 years in a row we didnt see another fisherman, I cant believe more people dont make the venture, its worth it!!!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Nice job, nothin better than some fat perch

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Man, those perch are so fat it looks like it hurts!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Those monster perch are impressive! Are you getting that last one mounted?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Looked like a great trip.
    There is nothing quite like a great jumbo perch pic, man they are pretty

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

Those monster perch are impressive! Are you getting that last one mounted?

My Father caught that one, he is putting it on the wall (his first wall hanger of any species), taped out at 15″.
    I didnt get any for the wall this year, last year I put a 16″ fattie on the wall and Im pretty sure I will never top it. I let 2 15s swim this year, maybe I can see em again next year

wallgeye
    Richfield, MN

Man!! you had a nice trip!!! Wish I had gone with you. I just got back from DL a couple days ago. 3 days, 1 keeper walleye a couple of tiny perch and some 10 or so inch walleye.

Topped it off with a 12 hour train ride, 3 hours late picking us up and was 2 more hours late getting to Minneapolis.

I know that lake can and does produce, was not my wwekend though. Glad to hear you had a great time!!!

fireline
    Rochester

Tell me all you can about the train . Thanks

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Looks like you had a great trip. Those perch are HOGS. I know what you mean by travel being next to impossible. It sucks. I am leaving in the morning for Rainey and it seems to be the same up there. I think James was just up there. Chris G. will make it work though.

John

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

Looks like you had a great trip. Those perch are HOGS. I know what you mean by travel being next to impossible. It sucks. I am leaving in the morning for Rainey and it seems to be the same up there. I think James was just up there. Chris G. will make it work though.

John

Im hoping to squeeze in a Rainy trip yet this winter, make sure ya give a report. Good Luck!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.