memorial weekend hot spots?

• STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

im planning a trip with the fam to devils this coming weekend. does anybody have any hot tips(depths, techniques, or spots ) that they are willing to leak? anything helps, thanks!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

im planning a trip with the fam to devils this coming weekend. does anybody have any hot tips(depths, techniques, or spots ) that they are willing to leak? anything helps, thanks!

I’ll be out there wednesday and thursday. I’ll report back by friday AM. When are you leaving?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I was out there a year ago. Our bite was in the flooded timber very shallow from 2-8 ft water. Slip bobbers & leach and pitching 1/16th oz dragging jigs because of the snag proof ability of that jig. Lots of fish out there to catch.We also fished some transition fish for numbers on slow death & crawlers that was a good producer as well. You will have an awesome trip out there!

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

WE’RE LEAVING ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON. SO ILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR POST WITH GREAT INTREST. AS FOR THE SLIP BOBBERS, THAT COULD BE FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY. WE DID WELL 5 YEARS AGO FROM SHORE NEAR MINNEWAUKAN(SP). THANKS FOR THE HELP GANG.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I will be heading out on 6/1. There was a good bite for quality fish earlier along the closed road south of Minnewauken. This is a good section this time of the year for walleyes and pike. Of course both sides of the road along pelican and mavauis coulee would be good shore fishing spots.

If in the boat, slip bobber the trees around grahams island for numbers of fish also Howards Bay should be good right now. Lots to explore, let us know how you do! If looking for better quality head towards Pelican!

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

I AM TAKING THE 185 FISH HAWK BUT IT CAN BE WINDY UP THERE SO I WONT RULE OUT SHORE FISHING. I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD AND A 2 YEAR OLD AND A WIFE WITH MORNING SICKNESS, SO CAN YOU IMAGINE THE LOOKS I’D GET IF WE WERE OUT IN A 35MPH’ER. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

hawkeye27

good luck and report back please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.