Devils Lake 7/11-7/15

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Devils Lake, ND – If you haven’t fished here you haven’t lived – Quote from the famous yoda aka Kurt Turner…. Arriving on Saturday the lil’ woman and I didn’t get on them quickly but had fun fishing memories… (what would life be w/o memories? hmmm….) Sunday we found a nice 1/2 mile slide loaded with “meat-eater” fish (14-17″ eaters). Not sure how to say how fun it’s been other then 2 pounds of large leeches later… Enuf! We haven’t targeted bigger fish but the rod benders have made this a trip to remember….. Simple fishin’ – 1/4 lindy weight, 7 ft lead w/standard orange bead/hook (have you ever seen how much fresh h2o shrimp these things can crap in your boat? I’m a tad anal about a clean boat and this is unreal…. More cheet than s/b legal! Ok now the bad news…. Major barometer changes… 65 degree high w/ 40 mph wind gust… Dam, hat in July, gotta luv the upper midwest… Fish have scattered and the Lakeview Lodge deck w/a cold one is where it’s at…. More when we hit home in Kasson. Tight lines – Kurt

randy-k
    West Central MN

Your fingers must be all cut up.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Just lit up this fine Cuban grape Swisher sweet to be interrupted by this fine tasting 17 incher….

WarrenMN2

He’s not joking about the wind, kept me from mapping on the lake for the last two days. Going to be interesting, the guys are coming in for the MWC.

WarrenMN

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thanks for the update Kurt,looking forward to catching a few of those myself next week! Enjoy that cigar!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the update Kurt I have never fished Devils but it is on my bucket list, next time the FLW Tour goes there I will jump in.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the update. I’ll be there Monday afternoon.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ben, PM me your email addy. I’ll dig up some waypoints for you. I’m very jealous. That is such a fun fishery!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.