any reports?

• Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Looking to head up on January 30th for a couple days. Any fish reports or ice reports anybody wishes to share? Good, bad or otherwise? Thanks

graberc
    NW Metro

Steve, I’m heading up next week, fishing 12th-14th and then heading home on the 15th. We’ll be staying at Lakeview Lodge, so I’ll shoot you a report when we return. This is my first trip up there, so if you have any advice before we go that would be awesome! My main question now is, do I need to bring the ATV or can I drive around in a 2500HD diesel without going through? Looks like its going to be cold out there when we are there, highs near zero. I don’t want to drive around all day on an ATV in those temps!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

There are reports of 60 or more perch coming in under three hours in different locations. These are the reports coming from the guides on Devils Lake so I can’t really help on the location or depth of these reports. Talk to the local bait stores and they should be able to help you out. Good luck.

KyleClifton

18-22″ everywhere I have been on the lake. Colder temps starting tonight through the weekend should add another few inches. I havent seen anybody worried about driving big trucks on the ice as there are guys with 3/4T dodges driving clear across the main bay. Just stay away from ridges and you will be fine. Fishing isnt quite on the same track as it was last year at this time. A few walleyes, the ones we do catch are very nice fish,18-22″. Got into some perch last weekend on the flats, the ones out here bite a lot better than the ones that get pressured so much over on the deeper parts of the lake.

graberc
    NW Metro

Well we fished both points at the entrance to Creel Bay (Military Pt. and Rocky pt). Did ok one day on Rocky Pt in 28′ of water early AM. Right tight to the pressure ridge. Nothing after that. Fishing was very tough and the cold temps -10 for highs was tough to move around and get to know a new lake. Fishing was tough for just about every one from what I heard.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Was out on Devils lake last weekend on Six mile. You talk about slow fishing, we had 24 tipups out and never got a flag in 5 hours of fishing. We switched to jigging and we were able to land two fish a small walleye and one pike. Fishing should only improve with the warmer temps moving in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.