Front windows on bimini?

• Smellson

Going to get a bimini/fishing top made and I’ve seen some people put windows on the front above the windshield and some just do canvas all the way to the windshield. Trying to decide which way to go. Leaning towards just straight canvas for durability reasons but wanted to hear what others have found from experience.

Thanks!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Some boats, typically fish & ski, have a very short windshield. I could possibly see wanting a little clear vinyl for visibility. Otherwise, I’d support the full canvas idea and think it would last much longer.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I have windows in mine. It is nice that you can see when standing up as well as lets some light through. I think I would miss them if they weren’t there. Haven’t noticed any durability issues whatso ever and they don’t leak.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I had a zip on windshield added to my bimini. I like it. Shade and maximum wind movement in the heat. And a windshield to add when it is raining and or cold.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I had a zip on windshield added to my bimini. I like it. Shade and maximum wind movement in the heat. And a windshield to add when it is raining and or cold.

My buddy had this on his old Bayliner and seemed to work well.

Ripjiggen

I have windows in mine. It is nice that you can see when standing up as well as lets some light through. I think I would miss them if they weren’t there. Haven’t noticed any durability issues whatso ever and they don’t leak.

Plus 2. I am short enough or my Bimini is tall enough that I can stand in mine and it is nice to be able to look ahead especially when landing a fish. 0 durability issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.