Fishing Reports????

• marbleeyeguy
    Eagan, MN

Anyone been fishing Francis Case the past few days? Heading out there middle of next week. According to the extended weather forcast, does not look like the conditions will be improving too much. – Am interested in hearing how the PWT goes this week. I saw that day 1 was cancelled do to poor weather conditions.
    From what I have heard, sounds like fishing has been the best up by the dam. Has anyone heard if the fish are active around Crow Creek? Or south by the White River?

jigs

Was out there Saturday and Sunday. We did not do great but there are fish to be had, the key seems to be sticking shallow (like 3 feet) fishing jigs really slow, almost pitching like a bass guy. We actually had our best luck fishing Leadcore with #5 shad raps at about 1.5 mile an hour (colors most successful were blue silver and purple white shad raps). There will be fish to be had, most fisherman are either running up by the dam, where there is smaller but more numerous bites. Or fishing the rock bluffs south of town in extremely shallow water. We never really got things going but it was my first trip to this location and I got my new boat running so could have been worse.

Good luck

marbleeyeguy
    Eagan, MN

Jigs, Thanks for the info.
    I usually get out there 1-2 times every spring. Some of out best fishing has come between the two bridges along the rip rap on the Chamberlain side of the river. Usually pitching fireball jigs tipped with minnows or a 3″ Gulp minnow, in shallow (2 fow) and working them back out to 10-12 fow. Jigs tipped with ringworms work really well here too. Although this can be very productive, you loose a lot of jigs. Have had a lot of success as well fishing the outside edges of the main river channel north of town, verticle jigging the same presentation. Do you know were they letting water out of the dam daily? Fishing up there can be awesome while the water is running, but then will completely shut down when they shut the water off. Again, thanks for the info!

jigs

Not sure on whether or not they were letting water out. I know if you call the gfp they will tell you, I have done this before at the fort Randall dam. Good luck and put up a report when you get back.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

If I am not mistaken, it is illegal to fish between the 2 bridges. But I could be wrong. We are heading out there this Friday, I hope the weather & fish cooperate!

marbleeyeguy
    Eagan, MN

Greg716 – Your correct that you can not fish between the two bridges, but it is the I-90 bridge and the railroad bridge that you can not fish. There is an area there they call the “Hole” – it is along the I-90 bridge on the west side of the river where when they walleyes are in spawning on the Rip Rap they relate to the deeper water over the hole, and it can literally be like fishing in a barrel. This was definately a hot spot until they closed fishing in that area about 8 years ago. The bridge’s I was refering to is the old bridge in town, and the I-90 bridge.
    – I am heading out there wed. night, and will be there all weekend. Good luck to you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.