Fox river – SOUTH

• hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Let’s see if we can get some reports going for the southern end of the Fox river. Places like Waukesha, Big Bend, Waterford, Rochester, Burlington, etc…….

I’ll start it out…….

Fished the fox in Rochester yesterday. Fished above the dam at the park. Tried worms on a river rig. Got a bullhead. Decided to try a slip bobber rig in the slack water just outside the current. Baited it with a jumbo leech. Ended up with 3 smallies. 13″, 15″ and 16″. All released. Also got a couple of nice blue gills. Also released. All in all a good day of fishin’……..

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Tried it again yesterday with the same results. 3 smallies, a little smaller this time. All between 14″ and 15″. They are a blast to catch, the way that they fight.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

hard water,
    how much water do you have up there, I’m down by the Fox Chain and the river and lakes are high No Wake boating only at this point in the lakes and the river is closed.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Where I am fishing it is nowhere near flooding, but further south they are getting soaked. It will probally get worse yet with more rain on the way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.