Fox at Depere

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Sounds like the Fox is going good… Here is a report from my buddy Pete(Leatherman)

Wed…

Caught 20+ this afternoon between 3PM and 7PM. Mostly males in the 15 to 17″ range. One nicer fish that was low 20’s. First hour was slow until I put the magic color on… bubble gum pepper (that’s a man’s term for pink) with chartreuse jig head. That got em to bite. That color easily accounted for about 2/3 of the fish caught and worked until dusk. Rest came on various chartreuse tail colors and a few hit on a 4″ orange trigger X minnow.

Thurs…

Day 2 was equally productive despite 25 mph wind blowing straight down the river. Fished sunrise to sunset. At one point in the afternoon I was running 70% power on my 80# bow mount to stay vertical.

Chartreuse pepper with black jig head produced all day long. Also had hits on purple chartreuse tail as well as black chartreuse tail. Darker colors for a dark day. I did try the bubblegum again and could only entice a bite from a giant catfish.

Final tally for the day was 47 eyes, 1 cat, 1 carp, and a whitefish. Biggest eye was 24″. Most of them were pre spawn males again.

My buddy Jake Champeau likes fillets but right now you can only keep one fish over 28″ on the Fox. I gave the catfish a big kiss on the lips for Jake.

Note…Pete used an LTWS 63MXF and had good results from a try with Flo Green PLINE Flouro coated line for vertical jigging with plastics.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Hey Brian…did ya hear that? PINK RINGWORMS BUDDY!!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the report Tom. I say every year that I am going to make a point to fish the Fox in the spring, but it looks like this will be another year that I miss.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.