For all the headaches they cause…

• Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

I hope this guy makes it back down safely.

On Tuesday, a mottled brown raccoon, originally stranded on a downtown office building ledge on 7th Street, proceeded to escape to the roof of the two-story building, then climbed another 20 stories up the side of the nearby UBS tower, as people gathered on the street below.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/06/12/st-paul-raccoon-scales-skyscraper-social-media-star

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Hope the best for him

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

He’s got about another 10-15 feet up to the roof. Don’t see him climbing down 20+ floors to the street. They need to put a trap on the roof with a can of cat food. He will be up for dinner before sunrise.

edit: I see that got that covered.

-J.

riverruns
    Inactive

What the heck is a Molted Brown Raccoon? I’ve trapped and shot them all my life and didn’t know they were called that?

Do these bring a better price when selling the pelt?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What the heck is a Molted Brown Raccoon? I’ve trapped and shot them all my life and didn’t know they were called that?

No kidding, thing looks sick and nasty you ask me. Well placed bullet or tranq gun dart seems fitting. I suppose then you’d have to deal with a rotting carcass on a ledge….hmmmm. Well perhaps a harpoon where once you skewered the fellow you could pull him down to a nice grave all the hippies could bury em in Loring park. Or a nice memorial in the sculpture garden.

Also not against the idea of unleashing a trained falcon to get the Lil guy down. Would be bada$$ to see a falcon vs racoon 30stories up on the side of a building. Pay per view say what?!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>riverruns wrote:</div>

No kidding, thing looks sick and nasty you ask me. Well placed bullet or tranq gun dart seems fitting. I suppose then you’d have to deal with a rotting carcass on a ledge….hmmmm. Well perhaps a harpoon where once you skewered the fellow you could pull him down to a nice grave all the hippies could bury em in Loring park. Or a nice memorial in the sculpture garden.

Also not against the idea of unleashing a trained falcon to get the Lil guy down. Would be bada$$ to see a falcon vs racoon 30stories up on the side of a building. Pay per view say what?!

Maybe you can offer to go and step on it once they catch it? It’s kind of like a cat right?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Now that is a great idea!!!!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Rumor on the radio is he’s made it to the roof. No confirmation if he found the traps yet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Non story ended around 3 am this morning. Little fella found the cat food and trap on the roof.

It’s being relocated via helicopter to a remote location in Iowa…Des Moines I heard.

OK, I made up that last line. )

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Climbing MPR Raccoon has been trapped
    Minnesota Public Radio news reporter Tim Nelson tweeted the news shortly after 7 a.m. that building management told folks at Donnely Law Office that the trap set up on the building’s roof and baited with cat food has successfully captured the little raccoon.

-J.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m just glad his thoughts didn’t turn to suicide. Can you imagine getting hit in the head by a falling trash panda? He may not be the only thing dying that day…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Eyeguy, if you would fill this form out for me I’d really like to get to know you better. You’re a tough nut to crack and I think our relationship would really take off….
    butthurt report

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Maybe you can offer to go and step on it once they catch it? It’s kind of like a cat right?

ooooooohhhhhhhhh snap! I’m over it, but that did make me chuckle.

Glad rocky made it off the ledge safely so he can go back to scattering trash down the entire length of my alley.

@nhamm lol

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I wonder if the powers that be will “release” him for photos and quietly put him down shortly after.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.