flooring and wiring for a boat

• tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Can anybody recommend somewhere or someone to do a floor and some basic wiring on my boat. I would like to have it done properly. thanks

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Guess I’ll have to figure it out myself

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

It really isn’t that hard if you can run a circular saw and a drill. Pull out the old floor a d trace on new wood and cover in carpet or vinal and reinstall. As far as the wiring goes, go buy some rolls of wire in the colors and size you need. Simply attach new wire and pull out the old and put new clips on the ends and its done.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

A buddy of mine with a nice shop/garage in Shakopee (you might even know him, another cat guy) has been doing floor/remodel jobs for a lot of guys the last 10 years or so on the side at home and does a really nice job, has all the right tools, etc. I’ve been over there to do some aluminum welding for him when he’s needed it on the projects. PM if you want his name/number.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Bakken Boat Repair in New Richland Mn did my Tuffy.

(507) 465-8337

He is down I-35 SW of Owatonna.

Otherwise Anchor Marine.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

This is an older boat that has been totally gutted, a bench has been removed which might cause balance issues or structural issues. There is no existing wiring and i would like to upgrade the electrical system a bit which is not a skill i learned. I need someone with expertise to have it done right so it will last. Its gonna take more then a drill and circular saw for sure.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is really no limit to what you can do. You have a empty canvas so to speak. Storage compartments, live well what ever you want. Just be sure whoever you use makes it structurally sound and incorporates some flotation foam for safety.What size is the boat? Is the transom sound? If the transom is bad thats the first thing you have to take care of. For wiring depending on the size of the boat you likely will just have a 12 volt system to the front for nav lights and a trolling battery.

Really get it thought out so you can balance the load. You have batteries and a gas tank to consider in this.

I can tell you this, it will cost some money to do it right. However if you intend to keep it maybe it’s worth it to you.

Good luck!

Keppinhiemer

keep in mind small boats are weight sensitive. be selective about what you install or you may end up needing to repower too!!

Keppinhiemer

amazon is a great place to get cheap electrical components and wire

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

I really want to keep the design simple and keep the boat open and yet structurally sound, balanced, safe, and riding well on the water. This is what i’m looking for cuz i don’t really have the skill or the time to do it, lol. I am very excited to get this boat going. The boat is unique and has alot of character and i plan to keep it for a while. It will be awesome for my baby girl, she will be nearly two this summer and its time for some boat rides and maybe a snoopy pole . It is much deeper and wider and more stable, and with a carpet flooring it will be great for her and her mom.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.