Flip over shack runner installation help

• traumatized
    eastern iowa

I recently purchased a Clam Legend thermal flip over. I also bought the runner kit. The tub of the shack has five runners on it. The kit came with two runners. The directions say to install the runners on the two outside tub runners (#1 & #5). Leaving pretty much the width of the tub unprotected. My thought is would it be better to move them in. To #2 & #4 of the five runners. seems more protected and balanced that way. Hate to go against the directions. Anybody have any input? Thanks for any help.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I’d just install them on the outside runners. Shouldn’t be a problem or they would sell a 5 pack for that model.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I would take the two runner kit back and exchange it for one with five runners. Even if the five runner kit is sold to fit a different model, as long as the runners are long enough. They are easy to cut to length if too long.

tswoboda

I would take the two runner kit back and exchange it for one with five runners. Even if the five runner kit is sold to fit a different model, as long as the runners are long enough. They are easy to cut to length if too long.

X2. The clam runner kits are a joke. Buy an Otter set and put that on the clam tub.

Skol
    Lake City

x3…return and buy the otter hyfax. Its soft enough material you will be able to cut to length.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.