Flame King refillable 1lb tanks

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

With a cost of $14-$19 per tank I don’t think I will go there. I have a $12 refill valve from MR Heater and I use my used Colman 1#ers. Works great!

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

No, but that is exactly how the horizontal tanks are filled in my camper. There is a small bleeder valve that is opened and the tanks are filled until liquid LP starts to vent out. Even though the camper tanks have an OPD. It would seem that the opening of that bleeder valve would allow the cylinders to be filled to capacity.

Bass_attack

With a cost of $14-$19 per tank I don’t think I will go there. I have a $12 refill valve from MR Heater and I use my used Colman 1#ers. Works great!

Illegal to transport those 1 lbers refilled…

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Illegal where?

How would they know?

Never heard of this unless your talking commercial travel.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mocha wrote:</div>

It is my understanding that the regulation concerning transport, ONLY applies to commercial haulers.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I believe the thing that makes them ok to refill is the metal screw on cap that comes with them. I would just buy a metal cap for the 1lbers.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

You can get this system from Amazon Prime. They suggest getting the metal caps. They make them leak proof.

404 ERROR
    MN

The problem I have is sometimes when re-filling a standard tank is it begins to leak after quite a few uses. Does this tank keep that from happening, or are you paying $15 a tank to only use it a dozen or so times? Still cheaper than buying new tanks, but I get empties for free from slobs on the lakes…

The all brass cap/threading is nice. I’ve been saving 1 lb tanks to start refilling, but I’m seeing they rust up pretty quick.

I typically use less than 3 lbs a day, so this will save some major space compared to hauling 11lb tanks. I’m think I’m going to give them a try.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mocha wrote:</div>

it’s illegal to drive over the speed limit also, I’ll bet you do it all the time. I have been refilling 1lb bottles for a very long time without ANY issues. Every now and then you get a leaked, must screw a torch head on it until it warms up and it is good to go. Most of the 30 or so bottles I have, I have picked up on the ice. Damn litter bugs. Don’t waist your money on that expensive refillable one,, must buy the fitting and refill regular 1 pounders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.