Venison Steaks

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

It is that time of year. The first venison steaks of the year hit the pan last night with the kids standing around hoping they where getting theirs first. My recipe for Venison steaks is real simple. Butter in a hot pan. Throw the steak in so it seers as it hits the pan. 1.5 minutes on each side with a little pepper added and its done. Never salt in the pan. My steaks run about .5″+ so time in the pan needs to be adjusted for thickness.

This will get the steaks to medium with a nice pink center and a light seer crust on the outside. Very tasty.

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Bring any leftovers down to the river for me today.
    Sounds good.

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

yes we cook em up the same way. very tasty and very addicting.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I cut my backstrap loins to about 3 to 4 inches long, wrap 3 slices of thick cut smoked “Wrights Brand (Sams club)” bacon around them pinned w/ a toothpic. Lay on grill grate uncovered and let the flames hit em’ hard (flameing all around the loin logs) on all four sides till the bacon blackens. I don’t time it, its by look and feel maybe 10 minutes or more. Cover the grill 5 minutes or so then serve w/ baked potatoes (Butter and Sour cream) and veg of choice!

Simply yummie med rare to rare!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Same here except I fry up some onions first.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Some onions sound good with it chappy. My wife likes mushrooms with hers. Some eggs, tators and a beer go real well with a venison in the morning.

We also like to serve ours on plates that have been warmed. A cold plate cools these small steaks real fast and they start to loose some of there tenderness. Not that a cold steak is terrible but it is still not a fresh hot one out of the pan.

Anyone have a good gravy or sauce recipe they like with their steaks?

Good eats.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Anybody roll them in flour before frying them? That’s the way I was taught.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Yep….And with onions…..Have some Chops thawed out for tonight.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.