French Toast

• fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

In a bowl, mix in some eggs and milk like you are making thinned down scrambled eggs, lesser on the eggs, and 2 tsp of sugar, 1/4 tsp of vanilla, sprinkle cinnamon on top of that sparingly to cover the mixture, and whisp(mix) it up good. Use french bread sliced 3/4 inch thick (no sandwich bread never!, you’ll ruin it, it burns easily), dip both sides of the bread for a few seconds each, cook until golden brown in a skillet or electric with marg or butter, use real maple syrup if possible to serve with. Add cinnamon to the egg mixture when needed while after 10 slices of bread.
    Your mom would be impressed!

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

I stopped adding cinnamon directly to the mix years ago but rather sprinkle right on top of the egg/milk soaked bread while on the skillet.

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Another way to skip the cinnamon step is to ad cinnamon to the the marg or butter(whipped) while cooking. Its just simple to add all the stuff in 1 bowl, but, each their way, Enjoy the toast.

MoreShells
    Eastman

Also whipp the eggs seperately before adding the milk. Don’t ask me why but it tastes much better if you do. wealso add a pinch of salt tot he mix. Makes the bread a nice brown color.

jorgea

That sounds like a recipe to try.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Did this same recipe in Home Ec.! < I am completely straight, I promise!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Then to add a little sweet taste to it…sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top ( just like when you go to the retaraunt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.