Morel Topping

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Beings we aren’t sticking to fish…..this recipe has no name. The late Larry Lonik, North America’s #1 morel hunter cheffed this up for Presidents Bill Clinton, George Bush (1st one), & Bosman back in the day….

– 1 lb. of freshly sliced morels
    – 4 to 6 strips of bacon
    – 2 lbs. of favorite steak
    – 2 cans of Budwesier

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Dice up the strips of bacon into 1/2 inch cubes. The more strips you dice up the more…shall we say “meatier” the topping is.

2. Cook the bacon nibbles over a medium low heat as if it were Sunday morning.

3. When the bacon is approximately half done – add the morels and lower heat to medium.

4. Stir occasionally.

The mixture will turn real soupy as the water cooks out of the morels. Once the water evaporates the mixture will begin to talk to you….”snap, crackle, & pop”. Remove from heat & eat. Better yet…..Grab a Bud and toss a couple T-bone’s on the grill. Cook the steak to your specs. Drink the Bud to mine. Scoop the morel/bacon mixture over your steak. Now you’re talking ~

NOTE: It takes me two Buds to grill streak to my liken…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Bos:

You’re either drinking them to fast and not savoring the fine hops flavor imparted by the staff in St. Louis or you are over cooking your T-bone…

But the steak topping sounds wonderful!!!

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.