Walleye Egg Rolls

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We came up with this recipe during a night of Garage Logic. Good things happen when you get IDO members, Budweiser and a warm garage together with a deep fryer!!!

Take a package of egg roll wrappers and make sure you separate it down to the individual wrapper. (They like to stick together.) Lay the egg roll down in the shape of a diamond as you look at it.

Take and cube walleye filets (Or any fish) into smaller chunks. Season the fish to your taste at this time. I recommend Old Bay seasoning. Put about 6 chunks of fish on the egg roll in the lower-center.

Sprinkle a light amount of shredded cheese (I like chedder.) over the fish.

Take a bag of cole slaw found by the lettuce and salads in the grocery store…and sprinkle the slaw over the fish until covered. Be somewhat generous.

Take the right and left corners and fold them in to the center. Roll the wrapper up from the bottom to the top…wetting the very tip with water on your fingertip to glue it together.

Deep fry at 325 to 350 until golden brown. Once done, let them drain length-ways (Up and down) on a paper towel to let oil and water drain for a bit.

Serve with tartar sauce!!

These WILL be a huge hit at your next fish fry!!!

mrwalleye
    MN

THIS ONE ROCKS

Chris told me this one last winter and it is the best egg roll I have ever had

Try it with swiss

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

do you use raw or cooked fish to place in the egg roll? I think I know but want to make sure!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

You can use either. We even made them with BBQ pork!!!!

wilson1984

Hey Tuck I made this last night at Abby’s Easter party at her parents place. Everyone loved them. Thanks!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I agree,These baby’s rock!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.