Eggs in a Bag.

• SPADED
    rochester,mn

not really a recipe but more or less a simple way to make breakfast on the ice.

take the number of fisherman in your group and lay out that number of baggies, crack up some eggs and and all the fixings laid out.

put some scrabbled up egg in your bag, along with diced onions,peppers, salt n pepper, sausage, 1/4 strips of bacon and whatever else you like then seal up the bag and put a little duck tape on the seal to make sure its good to go.

follow the procedure with every person only adding what they like in their scrabbled egg omelet bag. and label the bag with a perm marker with their name.

one thing i like to do is to add a little water to my scrabbled eggs, even when cooking at home.the water steams and evaporates out when cooking leaving the eggs supper fluffy!

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

so………how do you cook them then?

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

so………how do you cook them then?

..x2.? rrr…

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

maybe we drink them raw like Rocky

drew-evans
    rochester MN

boil them at least thats what i do………

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Yep, I boil them too. I use a pretty heavy zip lock bag and somewhat try to keep the bag from touching pan for any prolonged time.
    1ST time I heard of this I thought they might have hit the bloody mary’s a little to hard before doing this breakfast, and since, I’ve done a few times and really turn out great.
    Kind of forgot about them though. On my list of things to do again sometime in future.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Great easy breakfast! Never burns and can be pre-made at home. Never thought about it for fishing. Thanks for the tip!

tbrooks11

Im not an omelets kinda guy, but i made a few of these in school for a cooking class and man, they were greaat! Just fill some gallon size ziplock baggies with eggs, cheese, ham, green pepper, or whatever you like. Then put the bag in boiling water over the stove, and let it sit until it looks done! Great idea!

blufloyd

Remember Ziplock freezer not cheap ripoff sandwich….
    Just cook them in pan. All those baggies ain’t very green….

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Yeh what he said how do ya cook them there (scrabbled) eggs

Denny O
    Central IOWA

So my question is,

How are you going to boil the bags on the ice??

chomps
    Sioux City IA

carry a med pot, add lake water set on the Mr. Heater sunflower, wait till water is about to boil, add a bag. The big deal here is to not let the bag hang out and over the pot to melt, and as best you can keep the bag from contacting the inside of the pot, that will also cause some melting bag and a mess in the water. I hold on with tongs and dip and submerge. Heavy on the pepper and hot sauce!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Nice!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.