Fishing to end hunger tournament

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Did anyone fish in the tournament last weekend. Just curious if the results and how they were biting. We fished Whitefish Saturday and gull Sunday. Fish were very negative. Marked lots, not many biters

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Dan posted the results on his FB page

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished it…finished 19th out of 116 boats. I consider that a huge win for us as we didn’t boat a single legal walleye in 2 days of prefishing. We all have our days, but the prefishing for us was really strange and weird. Couldn’t really mark fish, put camera down and what fish we did mark turned out to be suckers. Game day we decided to just soak the minnows for longer time and slow way down. That helped as we caught 7 fish after a 2 hour fog delay to start the morning.

The Fishing to End Hunger staff and Walleye Dan did an amazing job getting 116 boats out and back in with no issues. Look forward to this tournament every year.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Thanks for the report Cal. Not sure if lake is turning over or what but we were fishing around Schaefer point and there were lots of air bubbles and it smelled pretty rancid

Kris Berg

I fished it as well. We did alright. Ended up 35th. My partner was up the whole week prior and was able to find fish daily. Nothing amazing as far as #’s, but consistent day to day. Redtails and suckers(tail hooked and lip hooked) worked but you had to be moving slow. Weed edges, inside turns, and steep drops where they started to flatten out where our key spots. Marked lots of fish(no camera in the boat to confirm walleyes) in depths from 16′-40′.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I made a small contribution to Cal’s team fund raising effort. @skeeter29 Always glad to help out. Surprise card showed up over the weekend. A HAND WRITTEN Thank you card! Not just a short thanks, but a note about the charity and a receipt for taxes. This organization is a Class Act! Thank you to Walleye Dan, Cal and all who volunteered time to make this event a success! bow

-J.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Thanks again Jon for the donation to our team!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.