Fishing in the High Alpine, No ice yet but good fishing

• Tyler Thimsen

Went into the high country, up above 10K this past Saturday, and had a lot of fun figuring out the Trout Bite in the snow! It was cold rain at lower elevations and no one wants to fish in that, so I figured heading into the mountains to fish in the snow was a better idea!

The snow was off and on most of the afternoon while I was fishing but it was a comfortable low 30’s so I didn’t mind at all…First two and a half hours went by with a few small taps and a fish getting off (Using 2″ swimbaits on a 1/16ozjig), switched a few patterns and went to a pop-sink type method, only reeling to get slack…This was what the trout wanted and I proceeded to land 11 in my last hour of fishing 😃 🎣 Got some fun drone shots during the breaks in the storm, made the lake look even cooler imo; and also got some release shots of the trout I caught.

Ice was starting to form around lakes above 10K, drove past several, but nothing near being close to ice fish…Itching for some hardwater soon!! Hope you guys enjoy though!!

Attachments:
    1. Isles5.jpg

2. Isles4.jpg

3. Isles3.jpg

4. Isles2.jpg

5. Isles1.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.