Fishing Fine For a Known Local Pro

• deertracker

Was your link supposed to go to a specific case? It didn’t for me.
    DT

WarEagle

sorry link didn’t work.

Attachments:
    1. jarradfine.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Since the season is open on boundary waters all year it must have been a short walleye. 15″ minimum. It can happen.

MnPat1

Since the season is open on boundary waters all year it must have been a short walleye. 15″ minimum. It can happen.

The season is the same as inland waters unless it’s a border lake. Border lakes close mid April through opener like lake of the woods and rainy river.

David Blais

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Sawvell wrote:</div>

The season is the same as inland waters unless it’s a border lake. Border lakes close mid April through opener like lake of the woods and rainy river.

May want to pull out your regulation book again…..

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MnPat1 wrote:</div>

The border waters where this took place are open to walleyes all year long. Like David says, read your booklet.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

it could be as simple as a saugeye kept under 15″ thought to be a sauger

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

First, let me start off by saying I know Jarred and consider him to be a good friend. Been a while since we last talked. We fished a few tourneys together several years ago. He is a good, honest man in my book.

I would have to agree this was a short walleye ticket. Could have been mistaken as a sauger, could have been real close when caught and shrank up in the live well. Could have been a client who didn’t know better and Jarred took the blame. Like I said, don’t know. Would not surprise me if he reads this post and decides its not worth his time to respond. Mistakes can happen.

I’ll tell you from experience from running tourneys on the river for many years. Seen plenty of short walleyes brought up to the scales. There are a lot of ways this can happen. Let’s not run the bus over him for this one. Looks like he paid the fine and moved on.

-J.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Yep, I would guess 15″ fish that tensed up and didn’t quite make it after some time in a livewell. Have seen it many times. From the times I’ve spoken with him, doing anything like fishing out of season seems highly out of character and the waters he usually fishes are open year round.

munchy
    NULL

I love the armchair wardens here.

Honestly, unless he was grossly over the limit, deliberately fishing out of season, or something else highly unethical then let it be. And if it is I suggest you post it up for all to see. If it isn’t then we know better not to cross your path.

For all we know he ran into a warden having a bad day and just looking for something to cite him for. Had a fish that was close and wrote a ticket.

Also who has the time and energy to surf the local records to see who got tickets? I know I have better things to do and definitely know that I am not holier than thou, my name has ended up in those records a few times as well. (Not for fishing violations) Just young and dumb.

Hopefully he learned his lesson, paid his fine and moves on.

BTW- I hope nobody judges me too harshly because I forgot my throwable last time out!! blush

BTW2- I was once a member of a now defunct fishing forum that had a couple guys who would find out people’s real names and do background checks on them. Then have a mass PM orgy if they found something juicy. That was one of the many reasons I and a few others left that place. Hopefully you are better than that?! (**I doubt it**)

BTW3- I wouldn’t know this Jarred fellow from Adam. Probably haven’t or will ever meet him as I don’t get down to those parts much.

riverruns
    Inactive

Pretty simple. Broke the law and got caught. No sympathy here. He might be a great guy, I don’t know but if you get caught breaking the law, and you get the fine and name published, expect the public to know. Up to Jarrad now to clean up his name and earn the respect back as a pro and a guide. I know his family guides both fishing and hunting. Not a good reflection on the operation as a whole.

joe moenck

Might be an honest mistake that could happen to anyone, I don’t think trying to run his name through the mud on this site is appropriate.

If you have an issue with someone, you should just give them a call and talk to them before you try to make it public and post online.

big_g
    Isle, MN

haters be hating…. my rule. If your man enough to post someone else’s business on a public forum, best put your signature to it.

JarradFluekiger

“THE DAY OF THE BAKERS DOZEN WALLEYE”

Since this was brought to my attention thought I would just clear a few things up. Especially since it was brought up by local that always has something bad to say about me.

I was actually fishing with my youngest son. We were having an awesome day of fishing and bonding together all day in the boat. Something I don’t get to do a lot since I am a divorced father, and time with my kids are limited between work and mothers schedule.
    As evening came upon us the fish were counted in the live well to the best of our ability as evening set in. We thought we put our 12 fish in the boat so we decided we better head in for shore. Once we arrived at shore the Minnesota warden greeted us as he does so often. He asked how we did and I said we did awesome we a great day on the water. I told him I had a limit of walleyes and he asked if he could look. I said sure why not go ahead. As he pulled them all out we counted them together and noticed we had 12 walleyes and 1 small sauger that didn’t get must of got missed. My boy and I looked at each other with big eyes open, like what the heck. I apologized to the warden and said do what ya gotta do. My son started tearing up… We were over by one fish. It doesn’t matter who counted the fish but we were a team that day and every one makes mistakes…

Of course I felt terrible that this had happened especially in front of my young son. But then I got thinking that I was glad this had happened. First of all the Warden was doing his job and nothing else. Could of he said just throw one back, maybe, but that wasn’t the point. This just taught my son what it means to follow the rules. So apparently this costed me a 135$ to teach my kid a lesson.

I have been a guide since I was 17 years old on the Mississippi River and Lake Pepin and this was my first fine and I have been checked 100’s of times.
    Whether a person is a pro or guide we all make mistakes. We spend each day on the water trying to follow rules and every changing law and do the best we can.

Sad part is that people that bring stuff up like this about other people….

People that have been around me, fished with me, and hunted with me know who I am. That’s what matters…..

I will continue on as always but just remembering to count a little better. When I fish with my son again we will look back at this, laugh and remember this memory and talk about the day of the “BAKERS DOZEN WALLEYE DAY”

Timmy

Nice tale….one that you can (hopefully) have some laughs at in the future. People make mistakes. It sure ain’t my job to judge.

coffee

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

JF don’t know you personally only by name and reputation. Very good response and way to turn a negative into a positive. My hats off to you and your son. applause

munchy
    NULL

toast Jarrad

Glad you could clear things up and had a chance to defend yourself.

Sympathy is not something I have for you, as breaking the law is breaking the law. However understanding that mistakes happen, and if you are willing to man up for your mistakes that shows character.

I would much rather spend a day in the boat with someone like you over the overly judgmental ones that seem to seek attention.

Best of luck to you and your son! Glad you could make this a teaching moment. These are the ones that last a lifetime.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I know you Jarred, things happen, great response and a learning lesson for all

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pfft… There’s a pro in the MN Hall of Fame that has a one over.

But what’s worse in my eyes is that less then 6 weeks ago the guy I was fishing with said “you know you’re in inland waters” as I was getting ready to cast out my second rod. doah

MnPat1

Tom misstated boundary for border waters. I am correct. The boundary waters closes april 14. The wisconsin border waters are different than the boundary waters. So david you may want to pull your regulation book out again………

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I fished with Jarrad years ago. I am sure he won’t remember. But I remember the guy I fished with and he didn’t care about a limit. I remember we were casting to a wing dam and he had picked up a couple nice ones…. I finally said what the he&& are you doing that I’m not. He showed me and I think a picked up a couple nicer fish. Couldn’t have asked for a better trip. Like has been said to all the armchair guys with nothing better to do. Stick it and go catch a Bakers Dozen yourself.

basseyes

“THE DAY OF THE BAKERS DOZEN WALLEYE”

Since this was brought to my attention thought I would just clear a few things up. Especially since it was brought up by local that always has something bad to say about me.

I was actually fishing with my youngest son. We were having an awesome day of fishing and bonding together all day in the boat. Something I don’t get to do a lot since I am a divorced father, and time with my kids are limited between work and mothers schedule.
    As evening came upon us the fish were counted in the live well to the best of our ability as evening set in. We thought we put our 12 fish in the boat so we decided we better head in for shore. Once we arrived at shore the Minnesota warden greeted us as he does so often. He asked how we did and I said we did awesome we a great day on the water. I told him I had a limit of <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes and he asked if he could look. I said sure why not go ahead. As he pulled them all out we counted them together and noticed we had 12 walleyes and 1 small sauger that didn’t get must of got missed. My boy and I looked at each other with big eyes open, like what the heck. I apologized to the warden and said do what ya gotta do. My son started tearing up… We were over by one fish. It doesn’t matter who counted the fish but we were a team that day and every one makes mistakes…

Of course I felt terrible that this had happened especially in front of my young son. But then I got thinking that I was glad this had happened. First of all the Warden was doing his job and nothing else. Could of he said just throw one back, maybe, but that wasn’t the point. This just taught my son what it means to follow the rules. So apparently this costed me a 135$ to teach my kid a lesson.

I have been a guide since I was 17 years old on the Mississippi River and Lake Pepin and this was my first fine and I have been checked 100’s of times.
    Whether a person is a pro or guide we all make mistakes. We spend each day on the water trying to follow rules and every changing law and do the best we can.

Sad part is that people that bring stuff up like this about other people….

People that have been around me, fished with me, and hunted with me know who I am. That’s what matters…..

I will continue on as always but just remembering to count a little better. When I fish with my son again we will look back at this, laugh and remember this memory and talk about the day of the “BAKERS DOZEN <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>WALLEYE DAY”

Don’t know you from Adam, but that was one heck of a classy response.

I got pinched last fall for having shells in the magazine while motoring to a new spot while duck hunting with my 2 youngest kids and our 5 month old lab in the boat. The funny thing was I’d been checked and watched multiple times by this co. He was just doing a license check when I offered up my gun to be checked, he didn’t ask. Action was open and it didn’t dawn on me that I hadn’t unloaded the magazine. He had his supervisor with and the supervisor asked why I had rounds in the magazine, I looked at him and as politely as I could say told him I totally forgot. Good lesson and honest mistakes happen. The co handed me back my gun and whispered a couple things his supervisor couldn’t hear. Needless to say they’ve got a job to do and I plain and simply broke the law that cost $185. Am I proud of it, nope. But the co knew we weren’t chasing ducks down with the motor cause they where watching us all morning. We were covered up in ducks all morning and didn’t shoot but 2 ducks with 2 shots. We just enjoyed the show. After getting the citation we moved to our new spot and we filled out. The one kid shot his first limit in about 45 minutes. So turned a negative into a huge positive and both kids learned a valuable lesson.

Sad part is the guys poaching and doing illegal stuff with pure intent to do so, rarely get caught and do it religiously.

David Blais

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Blais wrote:</div>

Tom misstated boundary for border waters. I am correct. The boundary waters closes april 14. The wisconsin border waters are different than the boundary waters. So david you may want to pull your regulation book out again………

Had you read the posted ticket. Like the rest of us, you would of seen, MN/WI and Wabasha county. Pretty clear indicator Mississippi River… that’s all toast

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

What am I missing here?
    What was the purpose of posting this?

Someone said it’s up to him now to “clean up his name” did he rob a liquor store at gunpoint?

The original poster should grind his ax in private.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

What am I missing here?
    What was the purpose of posting this?

Someone said it’s up to him now to “clean up his name” did he rob a liquor store at gunpoint?

The original poster should grind his ax in private.

Ding Ding….and the winner is: see above.

Nice clean up Jarrad. Things happen. Not many will hold this over you. Keep up the good work with the boy!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom misstated boundary for border waters…..The wisconsin border waters are different than the boundary waters. So david you may want to pull your regulation book out again………

Border, boundary….get your Websters out and check the definitions. The two words are about the same. Then go back and read what I wrote again. I stated that the season is open all year “on” boundary waters, not “in the” boundary waters. Big difference…..as long as you want to nit-pick. The difference is pretty obvious.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Way to turn a negative experience into a positive one. Been a long time since I’ve had a two man limit in my boat , so not something I even need to be concerned with!!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Fishing Fine For a Known Local Pro’ is closed to new replies.