Fishing and Ice Report 1.5.17

It has been a while since I have been on here so sorry for the long delay on a report. I know that between the ice road and all the new things going on the resort its been busy. The ice road is open to all size vehicles this weekend with 18-21 inches of ice being reported on our end and in walker bay they have some 1/2 ton trucks pulling smaller tandem axel ice houses out on the lake. Walleye the past week have slowed with the recent cold front but the guys sticking it out have caught some very nice fish. I have found a majority of my fish getting away from the groups and looking in that 15-18 ft range on the mid lake rock reefs. The little lakes in the area are having some good panfish bites and using your favorite tungston jig tipped with your favorite plastic or euro larvae are catching some really good numbers. They have moved into the basins of those little lakes. Good luck to everyone heading out fishing this weekend and we hope to see you on the ice.

Attachments:
    1. dadnicecrappie.jpg

2. bigwalleyejan.jpg

3. crappie.jpg

4. icehousewalleye.jpg

5. 27-inch.jpg

Deron Eilertson
    Rainy Lake

Good report Josh. My son and a couple buddies were out of your place last weekend and caught quality keeper size fish along with a 26″ fatty to top it off. Good job on the roads! Quality accommodations and good fishing make for great weekends!

Travel is good on Leech Lake and for those willing to think outside the box and outside the crowds will likely be rewarded.

DoRight

Attachments:
    1. Jan-2017.jpg

Curt
    Chisholm, MN

Thanks Josh. What resort are you from? Never fished there, thinking of trying a new lake away from the iron range and LOW area this weekend.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

He is out of Trapper’s Landing on the south side of Leech. Great place!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.