Fishin right after a cold front

• primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I have the week off, wanted to do a lot of flathead fishing this next week. I see it’s already predicted to be North west, north, and east winds for the next few days. I know some like BK and others are booked up no matter what the wind and weather happens, they gotta go. I used to go anyway but it seems like when after a cold front I’d be the only person fishing those days and I never had any luck on those days. My Dad always went when ever he could but he never cared whether or not the the fish were biting or not. Thoughts?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If you have the time off, go fishing. You might surprise yourself.. Smaller portions of bait, slower running water, maybe a bit deeper. Get out and enjoy the summer. Ya won’t get to do it in 6 months in shorts sleeves and shorts with sandals on your feet.

riverrat56
    New Ulm, MN

Can’t catch them on the couch!

Summer time cold fronts don’t seem to shut things down like early spring and fall cold fronts. I do like up make sure I’m fishing areas that I know are holding fish this time of year. Rely on your electronics to eliminate areas quicker.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

cold fronts are the time for trout.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.