Fish house dolly

• Doug M
    SE SD

So I read about guys pulling their wheelhouses on earlier/later ice with wheeler using a dolly. My question is how do you haul a wheeler and a dolly without a toy hauler house?

Smellson

Wheeler in the bed of the truck. Dolly rides in the fishhouse.

Doug M
    SE SD

How easy is it to get inside a fish house door?

MNdrifter

I make and sell these for $150. They work well for early ice before theres a bunch of snow, moving around the yard etc. Also they are easier to back up the trailer with, and they won’t jackknife as easy when going down a steep hill or lake access. They are also more compact than a dolly. They fit under the back seat of a pickup. PM me if you are interested.

39degrees

I make and sell these for $150. They work well for early ice before theres a bunch of snow, moving around the yard etc. Also they are easier to back up the trailer with, and they won’t jackknife as easy when going down a steep hill or lake access. They are also more compact than a dolly. They fit under the back seat of a pickup. PM me if you are interested.

That looks amazing!

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe title=”ATV receiver hitch trailer dolly” width=”850″ height=”478″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/E-CjzrAf-RQ?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></div>

catmando
    wis

Looks like the real deal.

Doug M
    SE SD

That looks more useful!

Fowldreams55398

MNDRIFTER how much weight can that set-up handle? I’d be worried to throw a fish house on that. That boat in the video doesn’t have any tongue weight.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

MNDRIFTER how much weight can that set-up handle? I’d be worried to throw a fish house on that. That boat in the video doesn’t have any tongue weight.

No but the fish house in the video does.

MNdrifter

The wheel is the limiting factor. It has an 800# rating. The fish house in the video was an 8×17+4V, weighing 4600#’s and 520# tongue weight. My new house is an 8×21+4V weighing 6200#’s, with 690#s tongue weight give or take tows it around just fine. Bigger castor wheels are an option but cost considerably more.

Attachments:
    1. 3543B839-0DAF-48A1-8B6A-858539CF5C42.jpeg

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Crappieguy133 wrote:</div>

I should have made the video shorter or the good part at the beginning. Some guys can only last 2 minutes. 😂

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

So I read about guys pulling their wheelhouses on earlier/later ice with wheeler using a dolly. My question is how do you haul a wheeler and a dolly without a toy hauler house?

doah

Fowldreams55398

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I should have made the video shorter or the good part at the beginning. Some guys can only last 2 minutes. 😂

I saw the baby aluminum house in the video. I was curious how it would work on a larger unit. I guess I should’ve asked that upfront. I’ll stick with the Miltona dolly so I know I’ll make it out.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNdrifter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I saw the baby aluminum house in the video. I was curious how it would work on a larger unit. I guess I should’ve asked that upfront. I’ll stick with the Miltona dolly so I know I’ll make it out.

Geez man, If you don’t like it then don’t buy it. Nobody is making you buy the thing coffee

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I like the simplicity of your dolly. My question is -Doesn’t that put a lot of weight on a single point on the ice? I wonder if it would be a good thing for fools like me that have to be first out. Nice work!

anyone have a dolly like MNdrifter’s with some good use under it? I’d just be worried about hitting cracks in the ice and ice ridge bridges that some resorts use?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

That depends on alcohol consumption. yay

“Baby aluminum house”?

Doug M
    SE SD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Doug M wrote:</div>

That depends on alcohol consumption. yay

toast

MNdrifter

Sorry. We are currently sold out. Don’t plan on building anymore this year. We just don’t have the time between work and fishing. I made it out to Indian point just fine last weekend. Went roughly 12 mph all the way from south shore to Indian point. Good fishing fellas!

Randall Schultz

Made one with th e8 inch wheel and 6 inch receiver extension.

2 u bolts.

Kelly Mayo

MNdrifter, do you have any of these dolly’s for sale?

I made a similar one, the caster was rated for 900lbs got bent up after one use. Thinking about replacing with one of these, just need to find the correct sized U bolts

Attachments:
    1. caster.png

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.