First show IDO

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I did look before I typed this up but normally the first show is in November has there been a date for first show as of yet?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

November 18 is kickoff. We’ll start with the a little season intro and the follow up to the Dream Trip Give Away week 1 and after that we’ll transition to ice.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Sounds good! Looking forward to another season.

S.R.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Looking forward to the season guys!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Looking forward to it. I hope there’s another Tony Roach Mille Lacs episode.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I really enjoy fishing with Tony but in an effort to mix things up this season the plan is to film with Brad Hawthorne, another really good Mille Lacs lake angler.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I think the Ice House parade with the Grand Marshal and the king of IDO should be 1st.
    Just my $.02

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think the Ice House parade with the Grand Marshal and the king of IDO should be 1st.
    Just my $.02

Ha! I’m told the Aitkin Fish House Parade is best viewed in person Bailey’s Hot chocolate in hand!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Dang-nab-it, You win with that come back…besides, you tube is right at our finger tips:

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

i can hardly wait.I’m getting tired of watching old shows.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

James,

Thanks for the reply and looks like this year you may start right on hard water instead of open water…. Looking forward to new shows. Can you share any new products that you will be highlighting or can you share new products you think are going to be effective this year. For those of us looking to take advantage of what could be a nice, long hard water season?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the reply and looks like this year you may start right on hard water instead of open water….

Pat and I are actually doing a tour around central Minnesota today checking out ice conditions and things are not looking good for us to be filming on Ice next week. At least not here in Minnesota. Things are either wide open or just barely skimmed over. We plan to keep looking some more but right now it’s not looking good. Like you said it’s going to be a long I season so no need to rush things and get someone hurt.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Whatcha saying James
    We might see the Ice house parade as series 1 after all toast
    I can’t make it for the live event although bailey’s and hot chocolate are on my menu!

Bullheadfinder

James, will there be any elk hunting on this season? You may have posted and I missed it, but how did you end up?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Rodgers just posted on FB they have 3 1/2 ” on Red Lake )

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Whatcha saying James
    We might see the Ice house parade as series 1 after all toast
    I can’t make it for the live event although bailey’s and hot chocolate are on my menu!

Definitely no fish house parade for episode 1. That will be the results of the dream trip giveaway. Episode 2 is a work in progress. We didn’t find anything in Minnesota that we want to go out on but we don’t give up easy.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Thumb wrote:</div>

I really enjoy fishing with Tony but in an effort to mix things up this season the plan is to film with Brad Hawthorne, another really good Mille Lacs lake angler.

So you’re saying there’s a Mille Lacs episode…
    woot woot woot waytogo

hnd

James,

Out of curiosity, There are no seasons 1, 2, and 4 available for streaming….any reason for that?

kabefisherman11

Hey James. Just remember 1st in the parade=1st to the bar. Just sayin lol.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

13 hours to go!
    I was surprised to see I still have it scheduled to be recorded. So I’m GTG!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Episode 2 is a work in progress. We didn’t find anything in Minnesota that we want to go out on but we don’t give up easy.

This pic is from today, courtesy of a Mille Lacs FB friend.

Could there be an open water episode out on Mille Lacs in an upcoming episode soon? whistling

Attachments:
    1. IDO-Road-Show-Mille-Lacs.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Episode 2 is a work in progress. We didn’t find anything in Minnesota that we want to go out on but we don’t give up easy.

Could there be an open water episode out on Mille Lacs in an upcoming episode soon? whistling

Yes sir. We busted our way out of the Shaw Bush Kung access and worked up the west shore. The walleye were on a tear. 14′ of water on jigs and Largo Shads. We found a huge school of fish that shouldn’t move before we’re able to get out on the ice. If the bite today is an indication anglers are in for an awesome bite this winter on mille lacs.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20181118_095351.jpg

2. IMG_20181118_095342.jpg

bigpike

That’s hard core right there….

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>

Busted rotflol
    Lol. My wife (girlfriend at the time) did the same thing, but my pickup was parked at sugar daddy’s. doah
    Dang sister in-law. flame

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

That’s hard core right there….

X2 bow bow bow Looking forward to the show!

-J.

Robert Duncan

James, ready to make the drive back to Henry’s in that new truck? Great ice and big fish. Check out “Idaho ice fishing reports” group on Facebook. Fish caught 11/18/18 on 7” of ice.

Attachments:
    1. 1059AB8D-6FDC-4B1B-82DA-3B2CFBB207B9.jpeg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Very nice Brown!

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

James, ready to make the drive back to Henry’s in that new truck? Great ice and big fish. Check out “Idaho ice fishing reports” group on Facebook. Fish caught 11/18/18 on 7” of ice.

Hi Robert,

I don’t know if we’ll make it to Idaho this year but we do have plans to head west to Montana just as soon as the ice is ready. Thanks for the ice report and the photo. That’s a dandy. Cuttbow, I assume?

Robert Duncan

Yep, they have stock the lake heavy this year. It hard to keep the 3/4 pounders off long enough to get to the big ones. Nailed over 100 little ones to get to that one big one.

Enjoy your show and thanks for all the good tips!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.