First Buck

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well after a long season of a lot of mishaps on other and bigger bucks I finally let an arrow go. He was on heavily pressure public land around the metro. Sat an area I have seen a lot of deer use one pinch point between a few swamps. This guy strutted by around 9am coming from behind me. I barely had time to get my bow in my hand and draw before he was right where I expected him to be, about 10 yard broadside on my strong side. hit him a little high but was still a good double lung hit. By no means a monster buck but he is my first and I am damn proud. Grinding public with a bow takes a lot out of a guy.

Attachments:
    1. image1-scaled.jpeg

2. image0-scaled.jpeg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Awesome work, man. A real prize.

Good work.

Iowaboy1

Great job Carter!! Love the dark face on that deer.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Atta boy Carter! I’m not sure if this is your first year bow hunting or not but it is for me, and I’ve enjoyed reading your posts because you’ve got a lot of dedication, persistence, and positivity and glad to see it paid off!

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Congratulations!!!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats! That’s a fine 1st buck. You should be proud! Great job! waytogo waytogo

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Way to go Carter! waytogo
    toast

Justin riegel

I think we hunt the same areas and to kill a buck older than 1.5 year and half old is very awesome accomplishment. Great job!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Atta boy Carter! I’m not sure if this is your first year bow hunting or not but it is for me, and I’ve enjoyed reading your posts because you’ve got a lot of dedication, persistence, and positivity and glad to see it paid off!

Thank you! It is my second serious season but man that first season last year was a grind even worse. Best of luck on the rest of your season!

And thanks everyone else for the positivity!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nice buck and good job Carter.Congratulations.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good job and congratulations. It’s a real good feeling when it happens. Especially when mishaps have happened before

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Awesome congratulations!

robby
    Quad Cities

Congratulations. Beautiful animal.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Congrats – Nothing wrong with that Buck. Its a even bigger accomplishment coming from Public land. He will taste far better than Tag Soup.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Congrats man, it has been a tough year for most people I know.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Thanks all! I really appreciate it.

Ben K.

Awesome job and well-deserved! As a rookie hunter it has been fun to follow your journey.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Kinda cool to see how many people actually follow that live from the tree thread. Honestly never really thought many people followed me along this season! I will try to be a little better with that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.