• MX1825

How much was that package

$99.

Bought my self this package for Christmas lol
    [/quote]

waytogo

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Sold my Ifish pro this year and bought a FF. So much simpler to use and you can put it up break it down really fast. bought a cheap 32″ beaver dam custom noodle rod and a okuma bait feeder reel and this setup has been perfect. Have just been using a heavier tungsten jig on this setup and it has worked perfect for tail hooking a minnow quickly and getting the set line down.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We ran foolers all weekend. Couldn’t be happier to not have to deal with a I fish pro. Those things are dumb

tim hurley

I mostly agree w/KP if you can fine tune a tip up to be sensitive, you can get 10” crappies on it, otherwise the FF (I own and use one) For crappies tip downs can be great if it is above or near freezing, they are a hassle too-or wait for ice out! Earliest I have seen was St.Pats day and we are on track to beat it!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I have a few IFPs to give away for free if anyone wants them. They’ll end up in the garbage by the end of the week if no one wants them.

Dan Kane

I’m new to the FF bandwagon but they are slick. Haven’t had to try the hole cover and sleeve yet due to the warm weather. I used them in the shack also instead of a rattle reel. Super happy with the two I bought.

Pool2Noob

I have a few IFPs to give away for free if anyone wants them. They’ll end up in the garbage by the end of the week if no one wants them.

I’d take them! I like them for certain situations.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m new to the FF bandwagon but they are slick. Haven’t had to try the hole cover and sleeve yet due to the warm weather. I used them in the shack also instead of a rattle reel. Super happy with the two I bought.

Same thing. We had 2 down all night and 2 rattle reels over the weekend

AK Guy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Kane wrote:</div>

Same thing. We had 2 down all night and w rattle reels over the weekend

Here’s a little hack for the Finicky Fooler. Attach a small bell to the flag. It’s just enough noise to wake me up in the middle of the night when a fish bites.

isu22andy

Finicky fooler is probably the simplest but best trap I’ve ever seen and or used . Huge fan . Only concern is the flag breaking off from beating around my gear . So far though it’s taking a good kicking . And it fits nicely in my rod bag too if I choose to put it back in there . Replacement flag doesn’t look too expensive either so always that option . Can’t believe it took someone so long to figure this out !

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Same thing. We had 2 down all night and w rattle reels over the weekend

Here’s a little hack for the Finicky Fooler. Attach a small bell to the flag. It’s just enough noise to wake me up in the middle of the night when a fish bites.
    [/quote]

That’s exactly what we did with our bells from river fishing.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I’ve got a couple more FFs coming – planning on trying them this weekend on perch. Wondering if anyone has any tips when targeting perch with them? I’ve mostly used them for pike.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Not sure how i’m just hearing about these, but i’ll definitely be ordering some. They seem so simple – in a good way.

The real question – green or orange flags?

Man, idk. I attempted to use a buddy’s ifish pro a few times and it was the furthest thing from simple. He couldn’t even find someone to sell them to when he decided he’d rather just run a regular dead stick than to mess with all that. But we probably didn’t put int he time to really learn the gear… I know I didn’t.

OG Net_Man

I’ve got a couple more FFs coming – planning on trying them this weekend on perch. Wondering if anyone has any tips when targeting perch with them? I’ve mostly used them for pike.

Just adjust the sensitivity for the perch. Adjust the rubber ring on the portion of the arm that the snap on the flag slides on to.

Sound – Another trick is to stack a couple of empty pop cans directly behind the flag. When the flags flips up it sends these can flying that creates a bit of racket. Yes, pop cans. Too may empty beer cans and you might not hear squat. grin

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

Just adjust the sensitivity for the perch. Adjust the rubber ring on the portion of the arm that the snap on the flag slides on to.

Thanks Terry – kinda what I was thinking also. The FFs are so straight forward I figured it was that simple haha. Thanks!

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I have Finicky Foolers , Jaw Jackers and a crap load of tip ups Finicky’s are simple . JawJackers are good also . Wisconsin allows hook setters . Funny thing wife was in hospital several years ago , she had a nurse who father was the inventor of the Fooler . As she was growing up she was a product tester . Sounded like the whole family was involved in the business

Baitwaster
    South metro

Haven’t used the hookset feature yet – being MN and all, but for those who have – are they stable enough to withstand the whip of the rod without tipping? Thinking I could mount to a foot long piece of 2×8 to add weight and to stabilize it for hooksetting, possibly ending with better hookset leverage, too.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I have one fooler. How do you set foolers up for light bites?

Seems to me that I have to set it with the trigger kind of off the board to get it to detect light bites. I have tried it couple of times I guess I am not sure how impressed I am with it. I really want them to work though as taking them with is way nicer than I fish Pro.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have one fooler. How do you set foolers up for light bites?

Seems to me that I have to set it with the trigger kind of off the board to get it to detect light bites. I have tried it couple of times I guess I am not sure how impressed I am with it. I really want them to work though as taking them with is way nicer than I fish Pro.

The black o ring gets adjusted forward and back for lighter bites and heavier bites. It can be set for small small crappie minnows for perch or crappies, all the way to medium suckers for pike.
    Your best bet is to pull up a quick you tube video.

tim hurley

BTW the little stick for the flag on my FF was getting frayed so I trimmed it, trimmed again & it was too short to work, they do sell just the flag but don’t make my dumb mistake.

grizzlyhackle
    Montana

I wish they would have some sort of sale so I can justify grabbing 2 more – I’m up to 4 now, but would like to have 6

Hoyt4
    NULL

Just adjust the black o ring like bearcat said.We use them on perch all the time and i use at the lightest setting I can get. Devils we use in the stumps on perch and the settings do not have to be to light for those. Caught a bunch off foolers this weekend up in Park rapids.

Viewing 24 posts - 61 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.