Finally

• eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Closed on our house last night! Months of searching and negotiating are finally over. Boats in the garage and the dog christened the back yard. I guess it’s officially “Home” now. Can’t wait to get everything unpacked and settled in. Hopefully then, it will be back to normal and regular fishing can resume! That is all, just very happy this morning and wanted to share.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Congrats!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats!

…but don’t expect anything to be normal for at least six months and fishing? Might have time at the end of next year. LOL!

Great feeling in a new home!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good job, enjoy the new house!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Awesome. Is it the one you offered on before that fell apart or a different one?

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks everybody! Thats what people keep telling me BK! And, I already see what you all are talking about. That door squeeks, that outlet doesn’t work, could really use a motion sensor on the garage light, etc…. Oh well, looking forward to it. I used to fix stuff like that all the time on properties I rented. At least now it will be for a reason. And I WILL, find time to fish….

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Different one John, couple blocks from my old house, so staying in the city. Got a great setup for trucks and boats. Still got a spot for you when you come down Salmon fishing and a lot easier to get into than the last place ;)

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Congrats Nate!
    Glad to hear your happily settling into the new home.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

a lot easier to get into than the last place

You would have had to search hard to find one that was more difficult. Congrats again and swing by office depot on your way home. You will need a thick tablet of paper for the honey do list.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

WTG Nate. You Will always have something to do now. Believe me. Keep fishing it is the only way to keep your mind off of things you should be doing.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

So far this year, I’ve spent 3200 on a new furnace, 17,000 on failed retaining walls, and just today I dropped 800 on a new water heater. Hopefully you don’t have a year like that ever as it makes you want to blow your house up and live in a cave.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I hear there are some pretty nice caves over around the Mount Horeb & Blue Mounds area )

Sorry John, impulse reaction got the better of me.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks for the encouraging words John, spoken like a true friend….Seriously though, ouch, sorry to hear about all that. Especially the failed retaining walls, I landscaped for 8 years and fixing failed retaining walls was something I did all the time. Not exactly rocket science, but a lot of hard work and $$$$

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

It is what it is, but all I can think of is how many crankbaits I could have bought with that money.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Congrats! Looks like just in time. Harbor is stacked with chins

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thanks Randy! Yep, pretty much all the four year olds are in now. Both in the harbor and the rivers. This year really hasn’t been that great though. Numbers are down, and size is WAY down. Numbers I was expecting. Size I was not. Oh well, still fun to mess around with. Actually looking forward to going out after two and three year olds a little this fall. Never done it before, so interested to see how it goes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.