February Winter Moods

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Remember when this was a fishing/hunting page? By the looks of all the axed threads lately, methinks quite a few of us need to get out fishing, or some dang thing instead of keyboard arguing about how smart and right we all are.

Christ fellas, take a deep breath. Spring’s coming someday and late ice fishing will be picking up soon, hang in there just a bit longer eh? coffee

duh queen

But if we’re not fighin’, who’ll see the advertisements? The media folks know all too well that controversy sells advertising. Just look at the last 2-3years of the media cycle. It’s fight, fight, fight, and the onliest folks winning are those collecting an ad revenue check. Everybody should be forced to spend a day sharing a canoe with an antagonist. If they continue to fight, they both get wet…..and who in their right mind would choose to fight when there’s fish to be caught?

duh queen

…….and then it hit me. Reverend, you’re from the wrong side of the tracks. Yooo snobby east coasters(east of US 51) think yooo have all the answers. I suggest we share a canoe settle our differences toast
    Stay warm and stay sate my friend!

Brent Siebenaler

I get what you are saying and agree for the most part….BUT if we all just ignored this stuff what happens? IMO it’s time all of us start finding the intestinal fortitude to relearn how to respectfully disagree with one another on issues we don’t see eye to eye on and find a unified voice on everything we do.
    Otherwise what we leave behind us won’t see regular Joe working class folks living in a place where they can enjoy the outdoor recreation we all find solace in.

Snake ii’s

#1 – turn it off – they need the numbers for the advertisers
    #2 – don’t visit the web sites – same as applies to #1
    #3 – educate yourself with FACTS, don’t be a sheeple
    #4 – try to educate those that do not follow 1-3

Umy
    South Metro

#1 – turn it off – they need the numbers for the advertisers
    #2 – don’t visit the web sites – same as applies to #1
    #3 – educate yourself with FACTS, don’t be a sheeple
    #4 – try to educate those that do not follow 1-3

AMEN – using the word “sheep” in a previous post was not met with enthusiasm unfortunately.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Its hard to avoid given how much worse things are than they used to be.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Its hard to avoid given how much worse things are than they used to be.

Agree 100% that’s it’s hard. But we all make a choice. 1. Contribution to the negative things 2. Try to contribute to something positive.

Skimming through a bunch of Ukraine war videos, but stumbled on a comment that stuck with me. “Don’t argue over the glass half full or half empty. Just be grateful you have something in the glass”

Umy
    South Metro

Perspective is good – sisters house in Scony burned down this weekend. No one hurt thank god but, man, I have it GOOD right now. Could be her, could be in Ukraine ( friend of mine has a good friend who is over there, married to a Ukrainian gal) heard from him he was trying to leave and then nothing for the past 4 or 5 days. Friggin frightening!
    I have something in my glass right now and appreciate the hell out of it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.