deer sausage

• mitch_otto

So what’s everyone favorite deer sausage recipes if there willing to share the family secret! Thinking bout trying something diffrent.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I dont know what my buddies used but it sure smelled good while we stuffed casings last night. Definitely a fair amount of high-temp cheese.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

how much cheese per say 3lb log? I made some and the cheese is in there but not near enough what I wanted.

I used beer for my liquid to keep the meat moist instead of water and man does that add flavor!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

this is one we use and really like
    Deer Sausage (makes 40 pounds)
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar cure salt
    2 ozs. pepper
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp allspice
    1 tsp ground cloves
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    (soak above spices in 1/2 quart hot water – we usually heat it up on a stove to make sure everything dissolves better, stir frequently as it can boil over)
    4 bags hickory chips (soak chips @ 1 hr, drain, use for smoking) we also like to use some real apple wood for starting the fire with – smoke @ 4 hrs)
    60% pork trimmings & 40% deer meat

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I dont know the weight Wade. I’ll see if I can find out. Its a lot. Enough so that every handful of meat is permeated with it.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

There isn’t much for venison sausage recipes, but I would imagine it could easily be substituted in a ton of these recipes on this web site.
    check it out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.