Favorite small ice fishing tackle company

• al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I have really started to diversify my lure collection over the last few years from going to different locations. You find all types of local area tackle companies that make amazing stuff. With that said I’d like to know what are some others that I should check out. I’m always trying to find stuff that others in my group don’t have, so if i can use something that isn’t your Lindy, Northland, Acme, Custom Jigs and Spins, or VMC. What are some of your favorites?

Dan Baker

I really like the spoons from JRs tackle in Brooklyn Park. They really glow well and they have a great rattle. They also have a ton of interesting paint schemes. I have seen a few of them at Cabela’s last year. Their Stop Sign is the one their known for. They also have a nice booth at the St. Paul Ice Show.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Tom’s Tackle in Baudette has some cool stuff.

http://www.tomstackleinc.com/ice-fishing-tackle/

If you into panfish. Panfish Plastics Has some good stuff.

Home

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

how small? I buy a lot of stuff from https://sportsmensdirect.com/ for rod building and use a lot of their jigs

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

Jeffs Jigs and flies – Two Harbors

Front Page

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Moon jigs

404 ERROR
    MN

Both have already been listed, JR’s and Panfish Plastics both make good products. I use JR’s spoons and tungsten jigs in all sorts of configurations and love em. Panfish Plastics makes some sweet jigs. The Crystal Wiggler, Flash Ant and their Feather Tear jigs are a little different and work well.

mrpike1973

JB lures in Winthrop MN is one of my favorite companies good variety and easy on the wallet. Very sharp hooks too.

Randy Winn

Slayer Custom Jigs
    Brantner Jigs
    Ventura Tackle Company

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

JB lures in Winthrop MN is one of my favorite companies good variety and easy on the wallet. Very sharp hooks too.

I have a collection of JB lures as well. Got them sometime ago but yes, a local made in Minnesota USA product.

Good post/question al-wichman as I have for a number of years been buying from the small local/regional companies. I see some suggested now that I wasn’t aware of but will check them out.

Here’s one worth checking…Maynard’s Tackle hand crafted in MN since 1958. They specialize in ice fishing and have a good assortment of panfish, tungsten jigs, and perch/walleye spoons.

http://www.maynardstackle.com/

Attachments:
    1. logo.png

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tom and his wife Sam are great people to deal with and have some excellent ice baits.

Ryan Wilson

how small? I buy a lot of stuff from https://sportsmensdirect.com/ for rod building and use a lot of their jigs

I’m not sure what qualifies a business as being small but if I can talk directly to the owner/builder/maker of the exact product I’m looking to buy, I appreciate that a lot.

SportsmenDirect is a good company. I don’t use their jigs but they are a great business to deal with. I use them for rod building.

I also really like Fiskas tungsten jigs. I’m not sure how big of a company they really are but Jamie is a nice guy to talk to and their jigs are top notch.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

B-Y BAITS. GREAT plastics for panfish! They offer a wide variety of plastics. Been using them for several years now and have had great success using them through ice or open water. I also use Prescott Plastics with very good results.

slabz

Kenders tungsten jigs are my go to for panfish! Good paint and sharp hooks! Plus free shipping on bigger orders and a 15% off on your next order.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Anyone buy or use “Papa’s” jigs (I think that’s the name)? The sign is located on hwy 6 north of Emily and south or Remer (How’s that for specific LOL).

I see the sign every time I go fish leech and wonder about them.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

As of now one of my go to’s is definitely JB Lure’s! But there are so many good little companies out there it’s almost to many to list! I always judge an ice fishing bait by their hooks!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I also really like Fiskas tungsten jigs. I’m not sure how big of a company they really are but Jamie is a nice guy to talk to and their jigs are top notch.

I believe the website is Yourbobbersdown.com https://www.yourbobbersdown.com/default.asp
    I really like their jigs and other offerings.
    In fact, their the only ones that offer my favorite ice line “OSSO ice heavy “.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

When I had my baitshop,bought alot of Bad dog,JB.Ivans glo,Grizzly’s.and most others mentioned here.but the small tackle company jig I use the most is the Mr waxie sold by Gappen tackle.
    Dan and Anne would etop every fall either coming from or going to Canada goose hunting.
    I would bet Anne had more fishing expirience than most customers on thier sales routes.Also first company I seen carrying Salmo lures!!

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

Thanks to all of you I now have a whole list of things I’ll be ordering here in the next few weeks. These are exactly what I was talking about. The small local companies that the rest of us may never know about. I’d rather give the mom and pops companies my fishing dollar then a corporation when possible. They seem to be able to come up with some different things that the big companies don’t, and they just seem to have a pulse on what works locally.

buddah6

Eurotackle and Snyder’s are up there for me!

Branden Doyle

If your looking for good plastics I mean great glow and great sent.. no joke Judges Jaw Jackers out of Michigan. They got sick flysand some other ice jigs. But the plastics are amazing. salted plastics drives fish nuts. Send the guy a message and let him know Doyle sent you. I know November he’s got a ice flyer hitting face book.

Branden Doyle

If your looking for good plastics I mean great glow and great sent.. no joke Judges Jaw Jackers out of Michigan. They got sick flysand some other ice jigs. But the plastics are amazing. salted plastics drives fish nuts. Send the guy a message and let him know Doyle sent you. I know November he’s got a ice flyer hitting face book.

https://www.judgesjawjackers.com/panfish-baits/

Adam Beebe

I absolutely love judges jaw Jacker plastics. Bought some last year and I’m hooked. Between them and panfish plastics chigger fry, I’m set.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.