Favorite Set Line Lures

• reedy212

What are your favorite lures to throw on set line? I’m looking to add some variety beyond the plain hook under my rattles this year.

MNdrifter

Big old green/glow or pink/glow custom jigs and spins Glow Demon.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3682.jpeg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Plan hook with a soft glow bead. I like the pink ones.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

^^^ I fish these (more so the pink/glow version) in my house quite frequently and do almost always have one on. Also, those glass eye ones that have the 90 degree hook that holds the minnow horizontal. To me they don’t look like they should fish as well as they do but man some weekends they’re money.

Jimmy Jones

What a sicko…. I have 96 degrees on a shaded driveway thermometer right now and you want to talk ice fishing.

topshotta

Another vote for the Demon, I have a #4 tied on a slip bobber rig year-round and have caught everything from crappies to lakers on them. My go-to for winter walleyes

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

I also use a demon. But mine is a white glow with a red stripe down the middle. I got the first one on a trip to Red Lake. Since then the bait shop down the street has them custom made.

I even use them under a bobber in the summer.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Old school walleye spinner rig. Nothing special just some beads, slider weight, and a blade.

LabDaddy1

If not plain hook and split shot I would go with glow demons or gem-n-eye style jigs

Gem-n-eye

27eyeguy

Used a Venom Inferno Spoon in red for years on LOTW n Red Lake, also have the Flutter Spoon. My go to and I have numerous ones in most colors but the red does the best.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

on my tipups I use either a a treble hook or a single glow or gold hook depending on the size of the minnows/chubs I am using and what I hope to catch. I do use a glow red bead on them all though

I a slip bobber rod, I generally use some type of single hook spoon

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

What a sicko…. I have 96 degrees on a shaded driveway thermometer right now and you want to talk ice fishing.

This make me laugh. Agree with most here either a plain hook, pink or chartruese depending on the lake or a demon style spoon.

Baitwaster
    South metro

When set up in the wheelhouse and using larger minnows for an overnight soak, I take the hook off a a glow buckshot rattle (or similar spoon/jig) and tie on a short dropper. The weight of the jig will limit the radius the minnow can swim, while the dropper will allow it to move a little more naturally. The glow can draw them in, and they can bite the plain hooked minnow.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Big old green/glow or pink/glow custom jigs and spins Glow Demon.

This for me. The demon is my go to. Either green or pink

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

This is the time to order your custom ice rods if you want them in time for hard water. I will only make so many rods a year and I am already filled for this year.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Clam Leech Flutter Spoon. Tons of added flash and a fly on the treble. Worked really well for me on Red last winter. Or a rattle spoon.

**Sorry not sure why a completely unrelated photo showed up there**

Attachments:
    1. FLutter.jpeg

2. 20200820_143752-min-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.