Favorite Perch rod

• Dan Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Baker wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tyler Warner wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Will Roseberg wrote:</div>
    A 32″ Tuned Up Custom Fusion is IMO the perfect rod for specifically targeting perch.

Will, does the Fusion still have a fast tip or more of a moderate action.

The Fusion action is similar to the Precision. Both would be considered fast. The Fusion is just not a quick as the extra-fast Quick Tip

Dan I have only used the Bullwhip. I’ve been looking myself for something a bit longer and more sensitive feel. Would be fishing the small rippin raps while searching for schools of jumbos. Being 6’4 I get tired of kneeling down with my 32″ Bullwhip lol

The 36″ Fusion is perfect for hole hopping. Compared to the Bullwhip, the Fusion tip is more moderate, but it is not a slow tip. The Fusion has excellent feel and sensitivity. I use mine for jigging small spoons for aggressive crappie and timid walleye.
    Dan

Gary Law
    Ohio

Do the new ones fix the tip breaking issue? They are well known to break at the transition under little to no load and zero abuse. I have broken one of mine and have seen multiple others broken. I love the one I have that isn’t broken and it works awesome, but the tips are unreasonably fragile.

I’ve heard of this problem & I must just be lucky not breaking any – I also use a nice rod case to keep my tools safe

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.