Favorite comedy specials

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

What are some of your favorite comedy specials or comedians of all time? I’ve always enjoyed Robin Williams and Bill Cosby and of course Eddie Murphy

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Steve Martin.flip Wilson, redd fox, can’t remember his name but the guy that played the drunk on Dean martin’s celebrity roast, Rowan and martin.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dave Chappelle is a absolute comedy genius. I’ve loved his specials since I was young. And today he is still hilarious. He is one of the few who is original and creative. Seems most new comedians don’t push boundaries, but it’s all jokes. It’s supposed to be offensive.
    Norm has some great stand up as well.
    George Carlin has awesome specials and I think Bill burr has some great stuff too.

Comedy is gold, especially if it’s unfiltered.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

can’t remember his name but the guy that played the drunk on Dean martin’s celebrity roast

Foster Brooks is that guy

Sylvanboat

Just looking at this guy cracked me up.

Attachments:
    1. 21A67679-89DC-4AC3-90DF-2020E5857144.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

All local and national TV news anchors.

stevenoak

Sam Kinison, Eddie Murphy, Rodney Carrington. How’s that for range! Miss the HBO Comedy Specials. Foster Brooks may have been the first celebrity to be condemned for being a negative role model. Not like the other comedians blasted out of their minds on cocaine. Bill Burr did my wife’s company Christmas party one year before he was better known. A little harsh for the crowd. Lots of dead silence and mouths hanging open.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bill Burr did my wife’s company Christmas party one year before he was better known. A little harsh for the crowd. Lots of dead silence and mouths hanging open.[/quote]

Thats the humor I like

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Bill Burr did my wife’s company Christmas party one year before he was better known. A little harsh for the crowd. Lots of dead silence and mouths hanging open.

Thats the humor I like
    [/quote]

I agree…good comedians push boundaries. Like you mentioned above, Chappelle is a master at it. Probably my favorite comedian of all time.

stevenoak

Can probably tell from my 3 choices. I was fine with it. But 3/4th of the room, where not his audience. He got defensive, and never got a flow going. Ended up being kind of a train wreck. That’s ironic. Cause the party was in a train station conference room.

ThunderLund78

Norm Macdonald’s “Hitler’s Dog, Gossip and Trickery” is my favorite more recent special – It’s on Netflix and almost sad to watch now that he’s gone, but GOD is it funny.

The old Mitch Hedberg stuff is pure gold as well – another sad story there. Like a lot of comedians, his silently suffered his entire, short life.

Just getting into Bill Burr now and I love that style. Controversial? yes. But I think that’s the role of comedians- to make us see the absurdity in all the things we take so seriously and hate each other over.

The thing about office parties or conventions is that you have a lot of people in the crowd who are not only uncomfortable with the subject matter but have probably not ever been to a stand-up show or are not fans of comedy. So if you’re booking for that event, you gotta play it safe. Bill Burr at your standard white collar office event is gonna be a lead balloon. Lotta joyless people in those crowds.

Anthony Jeselnik makes Bill Burr look like a choir boy, though. I respect him but I don’t even laugh at some of his stuff because it’s SO SHOCKING that I actually feel bad for the people who can’t take it. That guy goes there, man!

3Rivers

I was in tears watching “The Cabin with Bert Kreischer”

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Mitch Hedburg was a genius. Just saw Kathleen Madigan…she was hilarious the entire show. Also like Lewis Black.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Mark Normand has a special on YouTube that is awesome. Pretty much anything by Andrew Schultz is great. Donnell Rawlings is really underrated for as long as he’s been doing it, and for being a Chapelle guy, he was Ashy Larry and a few other Characters on Chapelle Show, along with opening for Chapelle pretty regularly. Rogan, Chapelle, Bert Kreischer, Tom Segura, and Ari Shaffir are all really good still for as long as they’ve been doing it. Adrienne Iapalucci I just started listening to some of her stuff, and she’s not afraid to go anywhere either. I’ve said it before, but we are in the golden age of comedy right now. So many platforms for them to reach their audience plus some of the GOAT’s still going hard it’s tough to beat!

bclii
    MN/AZ

Foster Brooks, Red Skeleton, Rodney Dangerfield!

mojogunter

You must be old. grin Even older than me. As far as an new up and coming Taylor Tomlinson is really pretty good. Shayne Smith is worth a listen as well.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bclii wrote:</div>
    Foster Brooks, Red Skeleton, Rodney Dangerfield!

[/quote]

Dan
    Southeast MN

I guess I don’t listen to or watch as much comedy like I used to but back in the day I loved the Blue Collar Comedy guys, they were awesome and talked about a lifestyle we all could relate to. Ironic I say that now because Jeff Foxworthy was in the cities last weekend and Bill Engvall is at TI this weekend.

Otherwise I really like Saturday Night Live. Some skits are hilarious and if they’re not it’s over soon and on to the next one.

MX1825

Dangerfield and the skits from Johnny Carson. Art Fern and Karnak! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Deuces

Say this once a week at least still
    lol

haleysgold
    SE MN

George Carlin, Larry the Cable Guy and Louie Anderson, my top 3 but all the ones mentioned above could easily be there too.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Say this once a week at least still
    lol

Hahaha I can hear him in that meme rotflol rotflol

Steve Kracht

Richard Pryor, has to be ranked with the best….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just watched Andrew Schultz’s newest special on YouTube, “Infamous”. It was absolutely hysterical and wildly inappropriate, like good comedy should be.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

TV comedians…

Johnny Carson
    Red Skelton
    In character Carol O’Conner as Archie Bunker

Movies, DVD, live stand up

Murphy
    Pryor

B-man

The better half and I are going to see Bill Burr next Friday in Minneapolis

I love his delivery, some of the crap he says and does has me in tears lol

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I enjoy Ron White and Fluffy.

stevenoak

Bill Burr did my wife’s company Christmas party one year before he was better known. A little harsh for the crowd. Lots of dead silence and mouths hanging open.

Thats the humor I like
    [/quote]

I think I was the only one there that knew who he was. I had seen him on HBO a few times and watch a lot of his kind of comedy. Just wasn’t his crowd. Several Grandmothers and the son of a Catholic Priest in the crowd. I’m good with it, glad my mom wasn’t there. He didn’t do well when things went south with the crowd. Need a good wholesome comedian. Like Bill Cosby hah

Pat K
    Empire, MN

George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Dave Chapelle

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.