Favorite cigars??

• Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

This is peeking my want of a great cigar.. 2yr old full brass from Moore & bode stored at 70% humidity, been a year, tonight may be the night.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Perdomo reserve 10th anniversary champagne

hdog3385

Perdomo reserve 10th anniversary champagne

This one is on my list to try. Just got a few Rocky Patel Vintage 1990’s that are gonna spend a couple weeks in the humidor, excited to light one up.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Lit one up tonight… . cold smoking is key, couple little hits after the amber is about gone… I never ash, it falls on its own, the ash cools down the heat.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

After a week of being driven mad by my two young daughters I had the first fire of the year a week ago and smoked an Illusione Rothchild which is one of my favorites. I took a break from cigars for a few years but I’ve had three in the past week. Reminded me why I liked them so much. Luckily I kept my humidors going that whole time. Now I’m back down the rabbit hole with bids on cigar lots on cbid like the old days.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My plan tomorrow at work is to smoke a cigar all day while running around the yard. It might be an upgrade for my lungs over breathing Canada’s smoke all day in 90 degree heat.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

My plan tomorrow at work is to smoke a cigar all day while running around the yard. It might be an upgrade for my lungs over breathing Canada’s smoke all day in 90 degree heat.

Ha! I told my wife I was doing my part by starting the fire.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Stogie smoke keeps the bugs down at night. Go to has been Alec Bradley Black Market. A bit darker than I go for. Some say it has hickory notes. It’s just a good burn for me. Another reason to hate marine carpet. Ash can be cleaned off vinyl.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice to see some stogie guys on here! My go to has included a lot of Illusione cigars which aren’t easy to find around here but extremely good. Basically anything with Mexican San Andreas tobacco in it I will torch.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Me and the fellas cut our teeth dipping our Drew Estate Java’s in blackberry brandy. Got a bach party next weekend. Might need to take the recommendation on PVW. Thanks guys.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

They have a ton of non flavored cigar lines that are really really good. Undercrown, Nica Rustica, Herrera Esteli, Liga Privada, MUWAT and many many more.

Snake ii’s

Backwoods.

FYI:
    avoid the Lewinski’s. Fishy smell and taste.

orve4

If you want something a little more local Try a Fat bottom Betty made In dead wood South Dakota they are great. Even my wife likes to smoke one every once and a while.

Jeff Schomaker

Lately it has been a mixture of Gran Habano Cabinet’s plus all of the Cult line. My father in law and I have tried so many of the “budget” cigars. We don’t like to spend more than $3 a stick. And we have found some absolute gems. Cult Fuerte being the most recent. Another gem of a stick is a Cupido.

Timmy

I really like the Nub Connecticut. Nice smooth 1 hr burn. Cohiba makes some nice sticks as well. I also like buying the sampler packs from cigars international…get to try a variety. The most expensive are not the most likely to be a favorite.

Brian

I love just about anything from Foundation cigars, but particularly Tabernacle havanna seed. Also, New world by AJ. I buy online from Famous Smoke a lot, but recently found Smokedale in Menominee has a great selection and prices.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I have been smoking on some Infernos I got in a bundle, and they have been all quite tasty. I also enjoy, for a more special occasion, a nice Fuente Hemingway. I have one every year for my birthday and they are always nice. My other favorite is the Rocky Patel 1990 Vintage.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lots of good cigars being mentioned here. Anything by AJ Fernandez as Brian mentioned is going to be good. Same with Fuente. I usually buy from cigar bid which is the ebay of cigars and it’s nice because you can buy 5 packs of cigars to try or even singles. And if you’re patient enough you can find the cigars you like for a steal. I ended up winning two of the three lots I bid on last night and got 10 cigars (2 five packs) for $50 which would’ve been more than twice that if I’d have bought it here in MN.

If I am looking to pick up a couple here and there I like going to St Croix Cigar Co in Hudson. Good sized walk in humidor, solid lounge, good people, or you can go down by the river and smoke. They also have a little more variety than most of the local shops in the twin cities.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The most expensive are not the most likely to be a favorite.

Completely agree with this! There are so many good cigars out there right now at any price point. Even the backwoods have a spot in my lineup from time to time. jester

jwellsy

Cigars are an acquired taste.
    The vast majority stink real bad to non-smokers.
    Most people are non smokers now days.

I think the least offensive cigar to non smokers in the area
    are Heavenly brand cigars. They taste good and they smell like a vanilla candle.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m not worried about offending non smokers.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

If people are offended by cigars wait tell august jester

Timmy

The most enjoyable cigar I ever had was a vanilla and rum no-name i bought in the Florida keys. It was very mild, had the slightest hint of vanilla/rum and was simply incredible.

Had to enjoy one of my old standbys tonight after reading this thread.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5838-scaled.jpeg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

NUB’s are solid cigars. Crazy how long they last being so short and fat….(that’s what she said).

isu22andy

Grape swishers – someone had to say it haha . Feel like every time I smoke a stogie I gotta scrape the felt off my tongue in the morning . Probably doesn’t help I’m usually drinking heavy when I have one !

Jeff Schomaker

The best deals I have found on most cigars is on cigarpage.com

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.